Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Jul 9, 2012, 12:45 PM
    How to tighten a large nut
    Our stall shower started to leak to a lower floor where I could access the bottom of the pan through the ceiling. The shower base appears to be fiberglass. It has a PVC drain body with the drain pipe cemented in place. The plastic nut holding the drain body to the shower base was loose and the water was coming from between the drain body and the shower base. The drain was installed with nothing (like caulk) between the drain body and the shower base. So, I think I can fix this by putting silicone under the drain body and tightening the nut holding the drain body and its rubber washer against the shower base.

The problem is that the nut is in a tight space where I can only grasp it with my left hand. There is no way that a pipe wrench large enough to fit the nut could get into this space. Is there another tool that might work or should I try to find a strong left-handed friend?

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Door Threshold-How to tighten [ 2 Answers ]

I recently installed a new weatherstrip on the bottom of my entry door and it appears to be too tight and could be more of a problem in the future if the wood swells. I have tried to screw the threshold down and it appears that I have it tightened all the way down, but still seems to be a little...

Tighten stomach muscles [ 4 Answers ]

I am an Indian working woman, mother of two and both are cesarean delivery. I have stomach which I want to reduce so that I can look good when I were trousers. The stomach is flabby. How can I reduce my stomach. I am 158cm tall and 62kg. Is there any diet which I can start and simple exercises. I...

One handle faucet is loose, how do I tighten it? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one handle Moen faucet and the handle slowly falls down when you turn it on. How do I tighten this?

Firm and tighten [ 5 Answers ]

I am 5'3 and 120 pounds. I am not fat but out of shape. My stomace is my problem area and I'm tired of tucking my rolls into my pants when sitting haha. What is the best work out for abs and legs that doesn't cost anything?

How is the best way to tighten wood chairs [ 3 Answers ]

The legs on two of my kitchen chairs are loose, my husband is out of town so I will have to tighten them myself. I don't have any clamps either, any suggestions?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.