Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalaland66 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 06:07 PM
    I'm almost 200 pounds and I am 12
    OK I need a plan summer Is coming up and I will take this serious. I can workout at the gym 3-4 days a week. My mom can take me to the grocery store to get healthy things. I am committing to do this. So my question is what things should I buy at the grocery store like a list it needs to be specific and how many calories should I consume to loose 60 pounds by the summer is over or like October and how many calories should I reduce at the gym PLEASE HELP and don't give me stuff like swimming I need REAL RESULTS I AM REALLY SCARED ABOUT MY HEALTH! Please, and thank you and please don't say ohhh 60 pounds is too much idc and I know no starvation!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
    You don't want to hear it, but here goes anyway,

NO you can't lose 60 lbs in a few months, in fact if you do, your health will be worst, you may lose muscle and in addition you will gain it all back in just a few months since weight lost incorrectly goes back on all the time.

Next if your mom still has all the same junk food in the house, it will never work, you don't get any special foods, your mom should be having just healthy foods in the house,

Lots of raw veggies, besides that, regular meals, just no junk foods, stop fast foods, and fatty foods.

Then just a gym is not going to do it alone, you will need to walk every day, and start a program for healthy life (and stay on it for life)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 20, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Chuck is right. You told us not to say it, but it needs to be said, and you need to hear it. The only way you could lose 60 pounds by the end of the summer is if you do it in an unhealthy way. You'd be worse off than you are now.

The best plan is to see your doctor. You should not start any diet or exercise program without consulting your doctor first. Your doctor will give you a list of healthy foods, and he/she will tell you how often you should be exercising. Do not start any diet until you have a complete physical and the okay from your doctor, especially due to your age and weight.

Good luck. :)
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

May 20, 2012, 08:14 PM
    You really need to listen to these people... You are at the age where serious eating disorders are a very real and dangerous thing, do not do this to yourself. You are probably healthy now in spite of being over weight, don't blow it by trying to loose to fast then gain it all back, then loose it again, your body won't stay healthy very long if you do. Loose it slow and steady under a doctor, and a nutritionists care... You might not be bikini ready this year but with some healthy life style changes look out next year, You'll be rockin' the beach!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Don't focus on pounds and don't overdo it at the gym.

Here's a very basic plan. No sugar, no bread, no potatoes and no white rice. Eat lots of protein (meat, chicken, fish) and lots of green vegetables. Try to avoid corn. Fruits are good but try to stick to berries. Apples and peaches have lots of natural sugar so try to avoid them.

Why don't you want to swim? Swimming is one of the best methods of exercising. It's low impact but really gets your heart rate going. It helps build muscle which will help get your metabolism working better. And it's fun.

May 21, 2012, 06:24 PM
    OK oh I know I won't loose 60 pounds by the summer is almost over I meant like later on I want to learn to be healthy and I know once you lose weight you can't stop excerising you have to keep going and I won't over due at the gym! But thanks for the comments!

May 22, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Ok I messed up on my first question, Ok I am almost about to be 200 pounds is there any tips for me how I can lose weight like 20 pounds I want to lose 60 but for the year, NOT THE SUMMER. Also how much should I workout and how much calories should I consume, Do's and Don'ts and Is it good to workout in the morning?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 22, 2012, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland66 View Post
    Ok I messed up on my first question, Ok i am almost about to be 200 pounds is there any tips for me how I can lose weight like 20 pounds I want to lose 60 but for the year, NOT THE SUMMER. Also how much should I workout and how much calories should I consume, Do's and Don'ts and Is it good to workout in the morning?
    Obviously you didn't read my post. Sweetie, at your age it really is best that you see a doctor before you start any diet plan or exercise program. We really can't give you a plan, because we don't know what your health is like. You could be putting yourself at risk if you don't talk to your doctor first, especially because of your age. Okay?

So, the Do's and Don'ts. Do see a doctor before you start this diet/exercise plan, and Don't start before you see a doctor. That's the only advice I can give you, and really the only advice anyone should be giving you. Okay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 180-200 pounds fat? [ 27 Answers ]

I'm a female and 21. About 5.6 tall. I'm around 180-210 pounds. I haven't gotten weight in a while. But is around that much heavy for me? Like, unhealthy? My fiancé tells me that I'm fine and I tell myself I'm fat. I hate the way I look and I've tried to lose weight in school~lost a lot but only...

I'm a 13 year oldgirl that weighs 200 pounds, can someone help ? [ 9 Answers ]

I really need help. I'm in 8th grade and by 9th grade I want to weigh only 140 pounds. I think if I weighed around 140-145 I would be fine. I know that I need exercise and eat right but its so hard. My family ALWAYS has junk food in the house and I ant help but grabbimg something. I feel gross...

I'm 14 years old 5'4 and I weigh 200 POUNDS I need to lose weight asap HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

This is my last year in junior high and we 8th grader have a lot of activities at the end of the school year which is in may. I'm 200 pounds so I want to at least lose 72 pounds by then and I only have 4 days out the week to exercise because I'm busy tuesday-thursday HELP PLZZZ I NEED THIS ASAP

If I weighed 200 pounds will io lose weight if I don't eat meat for 40 days? [ 2 Answers ]

There is this thing that my dad does once a year in February he don't eat meat for 40 days and I want to know if I would lose some weight We eat nothing but veggies and fruit and no starches

I'm 15 and almost 200 pounds how do I lose it! [ 2 Answers ]

How can I lose wieght really fast by dieting

View more questions Search