Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2012, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I am so excited! My boss hasn't been in the office, BUT I can't see it being a problem for the dates I have chosen. Everyone else will have done their vacay. I am so excited. Alty, I have been having such a damn hard last few months I am stressed to the max, this little vacay is exactly what I need. I don't know if you read my status update on SK, but when it rains it bloody pours!
    SK? What's SK? Am I missing something?

Well I'm super excited. Not only to meet you, and Miss E, but to just relax, have fun, and I know for a fact that we're going to have a blast. I have so many things planned for us. I don't know if we'll be able to fit them all in in 2 weeks. You may have to stay longer. :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 9, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Question: why can't they develop a preparation for a colonoscopy that tastes good??
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Question: why can't they develop a preparation for a colonoscopy that tastes good???????
    Boy do I hear you on that one.

I can only add that they should make it taste better, and make the intake less than what it is now. A gallon of pee tasting foul crap the day before a procedure that's not at all fun, that's adding insult to injury!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 9, 2012, 05:38 PM
    I'm not ashamed to say that I have resorted to the ole "hold your nose to drink" routine.

Thankfully this doctor breaks the drink up into two smaller portions. Half tonight, the other 4 hours before the procedure. Still nasty stuff though!

Silver lining: it's a quiet day off work tomorrow... :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 05:53 PM
    I like cat. I had my first cat in Nam. Got hooked on it. People in the hood can't understand why they can't keep a cat round here. I don't tell. I just smile and wave... as I'm Bar-B-Qing
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Question: why can't they develop a preparation for a colonoscopy that tastes good???????
    The stuff I drank was mostly okay, like flat Gatorade. I have a packet left over, so should I overnight it to you?

(ignoring magprob... )
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Thank you for telling me. I never really know when I'm being ignored. It is nice to know, you know.
    web1894 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2012, 06:41 PM
    I'm not ashamed to say that I have resorted to the ole "hold your nose to drink" routine.

Thankfully this doctor breaks the drink up into two smaller portions. Half tonight, the other 4 hours before the procedure. Still nasty stuff though!

Silver lining: it's a quiet day off of work tomorrow.....:)
    It is miserable.. My Husband had to have it done about a year ago.. He still won't eat any Jello or drink gatorade his solution to drink was orange gatorade mixed with Miralax Poor guy was miserable.. He was stubborn and went to work the next day though.. Bad Idea! Lol
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    Thank you for telling me. I never really know when I'm being ignored. It is nice to know, you know.
    I don't ignore you. Sometimes I just don't know what to say to you. ;)
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2012, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by web1894 View Post
    It is miserable.. My Husband had to have it done about a year ago.. He still wont eat any Jello or drink gatorade his solution to drink was orange gatorade mixed with Miralax Poor guy was miserable.. He was stubborn and went to work the next day tho.. Bad Idea! lol
    I don't remember the name of the stuff I had to drink, but I had to drink a gallon of it, and it tasted like stale pee (not that I'd know firsthand, but that's what I imagine stale pee would taste like).

Thankfully they knocked me out for the colonoscopy. I have to say, the drink was the worst part of the whole thing.

May 9, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I don't remember the name of the stuff I had to drink, but I had to drink a gallon of it, and it tasted like stale pee (not that I'd know firsthand, but that's what I imagine stale pee would taste like).

Thankfully they knocked me out for the colonoscopy. I have to say, the drink was the worst part of the whole thing.
    LOL stale pee that cracked me up! He got knocked out for it too.. I have to say it was a little amusing sitting in the waiting room we were the only couple under 70 :) no offense to them at all but I felt out of place.. The worst for him was not eating for 24 hours (I believe it may have been longer) He was so miserable.. When I say no eating it's a huge deal for him He is 6'3'' and 300lbs not a fat guy just very solid I guess you would say.. He slept from 5pm till 5am the next morning just so the hunger wouldn't be so bad. I felt so bad for him.. I imagine that would be so hard. It was hard enough for me to not eat in front of him!
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2012, 07:08 PM
    I was the youngest one there too. I'm only 41 (only! Ha, ha, ha. I said only!) I had the colonoscopy, hmmm, was it 2 years ago? It feels like yesterday. ;)

When I woke up after the procedure, and apparently it was very hard to wake me up, I slept in the wheelchair on the way to the car, woke up in the care and told hubby that he had to feed me, because I hadn't eaten for a day either. I ate, slept, got home, crawled into bed, slept some more. I think I woke up around 2 days later. ;)

But yes, stale pee. Not that I want to test whether I'm right. ;)

May 9, 2012, 07:16 PM
    I was the youngest one there too. I'm only 41 (only! Ha, ha, ha. I said only!) I had the colonoscopy, hmmm, was it 2 years ago? It feels like yesterday. ;)

When I woke up after the procedure, and apparently it was very hard to wake me up, I slept in the wheelchair on the way to the car, woke up in the care and told hubby that he had to feed me, because I hadn't eaten for a day either. I ate, slept, got home, crawled into bed, slept some more. I think I woke up around 2 days later. ;)

But yes, stale pee. Not that I want to test whether or not I'm right. ;)
    :) Yeah we were getting weird looks he was 21 at that time.. It was VERY hard to wake him up too.. He kept passing gas too and I tried so hard not to laugh because we were in a room with 5 other beds the only thing separating us was curtains. I'll just say I was hearing a lot of people pass gas from every direction.. Getting him dressed was a blast lol I'm 5'3'' so if you can imagine the problems I had! Then when we were done the first thing he wanted was Mexican food? I was like really? You want Mexican food? But what was I supposed to do tell my Husband who hasn't ate solid food in 2 days that he can't have what he wants? So we ate Mexican food then he went home and slept all night till the next morn! :) I don't blame you I don't think I would want to test that theory either!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Seriously, I could sleep that long right now, and all I have "wrong" is a baby that doesn't want to sleep. Again.

Seriously, I thought babies slept a LOT. My pediatrician tells me he should be getting between 12 and 16 hours of sleep a day. I'm so lucky if I get 10 hours a day (7 at night, a 2 hour morning nap and a 1 hour afternoon nap). That's when I'm LUCKY! The last 3 days have been up half the night and still only his regular naps during the day. Needless to say, I'm a zombie at this point.
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2012, 07:25 PM
    LOL! Thankfully I was asleep for the whole thing, and hubby didn't come back until I was almost ready to be released, but I hear that passing gas is an unpleasant side effect. In fact, I hear that during the procedure it's very loud, and very embarrassing. Thank Dog I was asleep, I would have died from embarrassment.

I did find it funny that after they put in my IV, put me in my lovely blue hospital gown, I had to sit in the waiting room with 5 other people, all men, all over 70. Trust me, I kept that gown cinched tight. Some of them were giving me looks. ;)

I had A & W (like McDonalds, only a bit better) afterwards. I chose a double cheeseburger, and onion rings. As if the gas from the procedure wasn't enough. I ate onions on an empty stomach. I was asking for it! ;)
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2012, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Seriously, I could sleep that long right now, and all I have "wrong" is a baby that doesn't want to sleep. Again.

Seriously, I thought babies slept a LOT. My pediatrician tells me he should be getting between 12 and 16 hours of sleep a day. I'm so lucky if I get 10 hours a day (7 at night, a 2 hour morning nap and a 1 hour afternoon nap). That's when I'm LUCKY! The last 3 days have been up half the night and still only his regular naps during the day. Needless to say, I'm a zombie at this point.
    Oh Synn, I'm so sorry. I can promise that it will get better, but that promise really won't help your right now.

Jared was a great sleeper. He slept through the night (10 hours at a stretch) from 2 months on, and that was with a 3 hour nap during the day.

Syd was the opposite. That little girl woke up every 2 hours, nursed for an hour, and that broken sleep was from 10pm until 5am, which is when she woke up ready to start her day. She hardly every napped, and when she did it was cat naps. That lasted for a year and a half. I was ready to gouge my eyes out!

But when she hit 1 1/2 suddenly it all kicked in. She started sleeping through the night, still from 10pm - 5am, but at least there were no interruptions. Then she started sleeping 10 hours a night. Then she started napping.

Hang in there. He'll get there. Some kids just take longer, but one day you will sleep again. I promise. :)

May 9, 2012, 07:43 PM
    LOL! Thankfully I was asleep for the whole thing, and hubby didn't come back until I was almost ready to be released, but I hear that passing gas is an unpleasant side effect. In fact, I hear that during the procedure it's very loud, and very embarrassing. Thank Dog I was asleep, I would have died from embarrassment.

I did find it funny that after they put in my IV, put me in my lovely blue hospital gown, I had to sit in the waiting room with 5 other people, all men, all over 70. Trust me, I kept that gown cinched tight. Some of them were giving me looks. ;)

I had A & W (like McDonalds, only a bit better) afterwards. I chose a double cheeseburger, and onion rings. As if the gas from the procedure wasn't enough. I ate onions on an empty stomach. I was asking for it! ;)
    Oh he was embarrassed too.. Oh goodness he stayed in a private room by himself I wasn't allowed to even sit with him until he went back. I bet you were keeping that gown shut tight!! :) He didn't do too bad after eating Mexican food I was very surprised!

May 9, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post

Baby's are tough work! I remember watching my nephew for my sister because she had to work early in the mornings and could never sleep (I lived with her at that time) Oh goodness that little boy woke up all the time! Great birth control for a teen lol!! He had Colic too he was precious but man was he a handful..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 09:10 PM
    OMG, I went to bed yesterday morning at 9 am and woke up at 1:15 am! Been workin' too much.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 10, 2012, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    OMG, I went to bed yesterday morning at 9 am and woke up at 1:15 am! Been workin' too much.
    Wow, J... I don't know whether to be impressed, jealous, or concerned.

Hopefully that was just catch-up sleep and it felt good!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search