Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ganesh7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 11:52 PM
    My pedestal fan gets stuck on starting
    My pedestal fan gets stuck on starting but if rotate the blades manually it works fine. What is the prob and what is the solution for this?
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

May 9, 2012, 10:38 AM
    You might need to oil it. Some (usually older) fans have a port on the motor housing. You can also oil the part where the blade axel is attached to the motor.
    Ganesh7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 09:31 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion dclynch. Actually I did that and the fan spins alrite now but am facing a peculiar prob now. Even though the fan spins well enough somehow not even a pinch of air comes from it. I don't understand this! Ca u think of some explanation and solution?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could my valves on my honda civic be stuck if it is not starting [ 1 Answers ]

My 1996 civic is not starting my mechanic said that it is the valves that are stuck.could this be the problem?or could it be the spark plugs that are bad?we are getting sparks but it does not look strong the plugs do not look wet enough.could it be a fuel problem?or an air filter just need some...

Yard-Man MTD Ride-on mower is stuck starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Yard-man MTD ride-on mower T604H that is now stuck in the starting position. Even if I turn the key to the off position, it is still cracking trying to start the mover. It killed my battery and unless I unplug the battery it will never shut off. Can this be the ignition? I am about to...

Pedestal fan not working [ 1 Answers ]

My pedestal fan Hampton Bay FS 21-45 stopped working. Power seems to be running from the switch to motor. How can I find out /measure/ if motor is dead? I don't want to throw it away. Thanks.

Stuck fan control [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix a stuck fan control in furnace?

View more questions Search