Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frenzy1955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Hunter ceiling fan wiring diagram
    Hunter ceiling fan model number 23781-530. Have 2 wires in the electrical box, one white, one black. 3 wires coming from the fan, one white, one black, on black/white striped. To which wire from the electrical box do I attach the black/white striped wire?
    Thanks!
    joecoolvette Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2012, 10:41 AM
    The Black/White wire also goes to the Black wire of the power source wire.

[ Goes to the Black wire of the two wires in the Junction Box ]

This is for a single switch setup.

[ NOTE*
    The Black wire is a HOT wire. It always carries the power.
    The White wire is a Neutral wire.

Bare copper wires are Ground wires.

WHEN connecting a switch, ALWAYS cut the Black power wire to install the switch in.
    NOT The white neutral wire.

Why?

Because if the switch is installed in the White wire, you will always have power going to the unit.
    Light, Fan, whatever.

Go to install a light bulb, and power will be there. Slip, and put your finger in the socket, and have your feet on a good ground, you will get SHOCKED.

Always install a switch in the HOT (Black) wire ]

Regards,
    joecoolvette

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan wiring diagram? [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a hunter fan. Three wires come out of the top of the fan, white, black and a black/white wire. I imagine the white goes to white, black goes to black, but what do I attach the black/white one to? The only green I see is on the mounting bracket.

Hunter ceiling fan with light fixture wiring diagram [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan, model 25466 with a light kit. While wiring the light fixture some of the wires were pulled loose. I need to find out what wires go with which ones to fix it. Going into the fan are three wires, one black, one white, and one black and white striped. On the bottom of the...

Hunter Ceiling Fan Wiring Diagram? [ 2 Answers ]

My hunter fan has been working great for years. All of a sudden the light won't burn took it apart tested it and there is not any power on the white wire / black stripe can't figure out why is it the square box up top on the fan part help please

Wiring diagram for hunter ceiling fan with light [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hunter ceiling fan that had a remote I lost the remote so I took out the module now I connected the black to black whie to white and I have fan but no light

Wiring diagram for Hunter fan [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find wirings diagrams for Hunter fans?

View more questions Search