Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Apr 15, 2012, 04:39 PM
    Race
    Looking for an answer to how do we have so many different races on the globe. When The Flood happened at Noah's time, only 8 people were saved. Since that was Noah's family and the offsprings would resemble Noah and his wife, how do we see the human population in the world so varied and diverse in their physical features, in colour of skin, in shape of body and so on, though under the skin all humans are the same.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Of course there are many ideas and no one can be 100 percent sure.

Of course for many the flood itself was more regional and covered all that was called or saw as the "known" world at the time. So the entire nations around the land of Noah was flooded, this has been seen by various digs and exploring to show flood layers around that area of the world. So other places Europe, Africa and soon would not have been effected. Also there are those that see the separation at the time of the Tower of Babel to be where God may have caused this. Or of couse over the generations God may have just allowed changes to happen.

As you know if you follow "science" where we all developed from lower forms, all mankind would have still came from one source.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Apr 25, 2012, 11:21 PM
    I wondered the same too.

Look at it from this point, all humanity originated from Adam, then was destroyed by flood and rebuilt through Noah's family. Adam and Eve were only two, at least Noah's time had 8 people to rebuild the population.

About resemblance with Noah, me and my sister, daughters from the same parents, look very very very different. We have different skin tone, different hair color, different heights, different facial shape and features. So I guess we shouldn't expect all the off-springs of the same source to look same!
    Lance_7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 09:32 PM
    I would think the difference between human race would be due to environmental factors. Isn't that how we define a ethnic race anyway, by location of origin?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help! What race am I? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, as far as I know.. Im African American. But African American's are mixed with a lot of different races.. Im trying to find out what's my race, and what all am I mixed with. I also want to know who my ancesters were. Is their any kind of DNA testing I can do to find this out? I've done...

What is race? [ 3 Answers ]

Like I'm asking this question because I really want to know why people on this earth care what race you are espcially americans. I would have to say probably 1/3 of americans care about race. Like if you really think about it there is no pure race, race is something man used to lable people. I want...

Marriage and Race [ 3 Answers ]

I feel bad about asking this, but I need to know. Okay,first of all I wan tto say I am not racist. Some one told me that in the Bible it says that you aren't supposed to marry people of a different race than your own.Is that true?I have no idea and I think it would be beneficial to know.

Race [ 9 Answers ]

Are Romanians considered as whites? I know that Romania has been conquered by the huns and the turks. I am wondering. PLease help.

View more questions Search