Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bumbum21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 04:18 PM
    How do 11 year old boys get taller?
    I'm 11 years old and in 5th grade ( held back), I'm 4ft 6 1/2 in , my b-day is 4/27/2000, and I weigh 60.2lb. I'm one of the shortest ones in my class and every one else is about 5ft 2in. Some people kind of make jokes of my hight but I just try to laugh it off. Kids in the grade below mine are starting to catch up to my hight and some are even taller then me. Are there any methods that could help me get taller?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Hi bumbum21,

Unfortunately there really isn't anything you can do. Odds are good that you will have a growth spurt before long. How tall are your family members? You can get somewhat of an idea of whether you are more or less likely to be tall as an adult. Maybe ask your parents if they remember when they started getting taller.

I know it is easy to say, but try your best to not let the remarks get to you. Laughing them off is probably the best thing to do as that usually helps curb the occasional comments. Kids often will continue more if they know it bugs you. You are going to see kids in all shapes and sizes, even when you get to middle school and high school.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 04:29 PM
    Your height is determined by your genes. There's really nothing you can do about it. But you're only 11, you still have years of growing left to do, and most boys go through a major growth spurt in their teens. You're not a teen yet, so wait and see.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 04:37 PM
    When my younger son was in 5th grade, he was short and chubby. During 7th and 8th grades, he shot up lots of inches and got skinny.

Look at the men in your family--father, brothers, uncles, male cousins, grandfathers. Are they mostly tallish or shortish?
    sohot1333 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 08:24 PM
    So sorry! I am in 8th grade and I am 4"7!! There's nothing you can really do. Most likely u will get a growth spurt. Although I guess its worse for guys than girls. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US SHORT PEOPLE OUT THERE!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 08:43 PM
    First no you are wrong, 5 foot is considered above average and tall for a 11 year old boy. About 4 10 is closer to average. Anyone 5 2 and 11 would be extremely tall for their age.
    ** just went to doctor locally and discussed height of a 11 year old.
    mccadejohnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Just wear heels in your shoes
    dunno123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 02:01 PM
    What you could do is do pull ups or chin ups cause gravity pulls you down and you pull yourself up so you get taller I'm 11 and I'm 4foot 8 which is above average
    dunno123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mccadejohnson View Post
    just wear heels in your shoes
    Na dats just lame that iz not a good method
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dunno123 View Post
    na dats just lame dat iz not a good method
    What language are you speaking? This is an English speaking site, we don't understand other languages, especially gibberish like chat speak.

dats = that's
    that = that
    iz = is (why would you even use a z? It's the same amount of letters so spell it correctly!)

The rules of this site are clear, use complete words and sentences in the best English you're capable of. Chat speak is not English, and will not be accepted.

To add to that, your post is way off base, and not at all accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should a 11 year old boy eat to grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

I am an 11 year old boy and I'm 140cm tall. There are other people, around my age, who are heaps taller than me. I feel that I am making little differences with my height. I just want to know what food I need to eat and how much. Also, what type of drink do I have to take to help me grow?

Help with a theme for a 12 year old boys room [ 2 Answers ]

My brother is moving in with my mom, we haven't talked to him about moving in yet because he has some issues and such, but anyway.. He can't know were doing this, so asking is out of the question. He is a 12 year old boy who loves hunting, quadding, triking, sledding, and almost anything to do...

Favourite music of 11 year old boys! [ 2 Answers ]

I need to download some songs for my 11 year old son... he's at his dad's and I need them for our road trip... what should I download.. I know he likes Green Day and Barenaked Ladies and Queen... what else... any songs that you can suggest??

View more questions Search