Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesharrelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 10:31 AM
    Can my wife move out of the state of Georgia with my kids without me knowing
    An without us being divorce?
    lovebug2011 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 10:56 AM
    Yes the only way she can't is is you were in court and they said she can't but if she already left its to late all you can do is fight threw the courts to be able to have your kids sometimes
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Can she, of course she can, rent a Uhaul and be gone.

If there is no child custody order, and if there is no child visitation order, there is also nothing to stop her legally.

If she were to leave, you would have to try and get an emergancy court order to make her return the child to Georgia.

What you need to do is get a child custody order in place now before she moves
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebug2011 View Post
    Yes the only way she can't is is you were in court and they said she can't but if she already left its to late all you can do is fight threw the courts to be able to have your kids sometimes
    We pride our self on this site with good, at least fair legal answers, your post is wrong, there are options if she moves. Please don't answer when you obviously have no idea of the answer
    lovebug2011 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2012, 11:15 AM
    My answer was practically the same as yours and I do know what I'm talking about so before you bash people maybe you should read what I said I said she can unless it is court ordered she can't so before you bash what I said read it rigjt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my ex wife move our kids from the UK to France and what about my visitation right [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am divorced with two children ages 4 and 7. We are all UK citizens. For the last few months I was forced to relocate to Norway due to work related obligations but I have been travelling back to the UK once a month to visit my kids for 3-4 days at a time. Recently, my ex wife met...

Can I move out of state with my kids with no permission if he moved out of state? [ 3 Answers ]

OK well I have court orders where I have full custody he gets professional supervised visitation. But they also state I have to ask for permission from him to leave the state at all including vacations and moving. So my question is since he moved out of state do I still have to ask permission from...

Can my ex wife move with the kids outside of the community? [ 32 Answers ]

My wife and I are currently going through a divorce. She currently lives in the apartment with our 3 kids, and I'm currently paying child support. She is not paying for the rent for the apartment and we both have signed the lease for the apartment. If rent is not paid for the apartment she will...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search