Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Bloodlines
    Hello all!

Curious to know if anyone knows how to track down a dogs bloodlines. I want to get some bloodline info on my little Opus. I tried a DNA test but it came back laughable. It stated my boy was a mixture of GSP and boxer. Not a possible half and half, but maybe those two breeds. I'd like to find his father if I could and possibly the kennel the mother originated from.

I hope someone can help me!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 07:23 AM
    I think it's really hard to trace bloodlines with out papered dogs. Shaz might be able to help a little bit more with this one.

A few years back I traced Max's blood lines and it came back with a Gator x X-Pert. It was very difficult to trace and timely, but I had lineage papers going back to his great, great grand parents.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2012, 09:47 AM
    How'd you do it?
    Dogs Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 12:22 PM
    I had his parents CKC papers and went from there. His grand and great grand parents were all CKC reg. He just happened to fall into the wrong hands :(
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Well boo! That doesn't help me any. I have no papers and just have access to the mom that was found as a stray near a gun club. I don't want to pry too much either, because I don't want to contact someone who lost their dog a year ago.. ;)
    Dogs Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Haha yea, I understand that. It's really hard to trace a blood line from an unregistered dog.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2012, 06:45 PM
    I noticed... I think I might email AKC and ask if they have any suggestions..

Worse case scenario, I'll just get an ILP on my black pointer boy
    Dogs Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
    Yea, AKC might have some suggestions. Let me know how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pitbull bloodlines [ 2 Answers ]

I have a female pit and I am trying to find out what bloodline she is. I can send pics if needed. She is full grown and weighs 52 pounds. I also had a male that was abused and dropped off at my house. He is the father of 9 pups. The parents r both full blood pit but I am trying to find their...

I am looking for bloodlines [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking infprmation on gator bloodline and Kentucky blue bloodline for pitbull so any one with information or website with information?

Where can I find out about dog bloodlines [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know all about blood lines

Eli Bloodlines [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for some pictures of the eli pitbull bloodlines. Could you direct me to such a sight on the web?

Pittbull Bloodlines [ 1 Answers ]

Does Anyone Know About Land's "scarriet Lady" Or Land's "chooch" Bloodlines? I Know That They Are The First Generation Bloodlines Of Loposay's Dots, And Dubs As Well As Some Boudreaux Bloodlines. Please Give Me Any Info Available. Thanks.

View more questions Search