Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsjustme123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 05:29 PM
    5 months apart, he said he can't do it. Why do I still want him?
    I don't know what to do.
    He is my first love, first serious boyfriend and he's going away to another state for five months for college.
    Well actually, we'll be on the opposite sides of the world for five months.
    The thing I don't understand is, he left this to the last minute to break it off, we both fell in love with each other and then all of a sudden he says he just can't do it. He says he's been broken from long distance from a past relationship he had, and that even though I'm a different girl, his heart isn't strong enough.
    He doesn't want me to hang on for five months for him, but I know I could and would do it for him.
    It may not be the right thing to do, but I love him.
    I need him and I cannot bear the thought of being with any other guy, but him.
    What in the world do I do?
    Do I text him one last time, even though he broke up with me in person?
    I just need him to say it's all going to be OK. I just need some sort of hope.
    Please help me.
    Ivaaa Posts: 19, Reputation: 8

Dec 28, 2011, 07:17 AM
    Ah, I'm very sorry to say this to you, but there are low hopes for him to come back to you. Though, he didn't brake up because of the lack of feelings, but because he got scared of the distance. It is very hard, especially because he is the one to go, so he also carries the 'guilt' of making you wait.
    I don't think your message or words can change anything now. This is not a brake up because he doesn't love you or so, this is a break up out of insecurity. The hardest part is that it doesn't make any difference to you in reality. You can't convince him that you will work out, it takes two. I've been there. He has to think it and believe in it for himself.
    The thing is that, the moment he told this to you, he started pushing you away in his head, and he started doing everything he can to forget you. Therefore, you telling him how you feel doesn't make much sense, because it just additionally makes it harder for him to break it off. And he obviously decided to.

It's very hard, but convincing him into something in this situation is just going to make you feel really bad about yourself, and probably you're going to see that he has feelings, but it still doesn't change anything, which is a true killer.

I would advice you to move on as much as you can, do things that make you happy, and try to put him aside. Who knows, maybe you meet when he comes back and things get better, but in order for this to happen, you both need to be fresh and stable and happy people, and not torn out from waiting.

Good luck, I know how hard this is.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2011, 07:30 PM
    Like your name says, Its just you. Not him.

That's keeping yourself in misery.

"I need him"

You certainly don't need someone that doesn't want what you want. Or you. Really. Right?

One thing I know, is that when someone isn't there, & feels the same way, then there really isn't any reason to put your energy there.

He's doing his best guy thing to break up. Listen, carefully.

You can fight your love for him all you want, but, you would be better off not to.
    Doing your own thing.

We all live & learn.

talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2011, 09:53 AM
    I think you give yourself some time to recover from the shock, disappointment, and hurt, maybe a month, before you do anything.

You have to mourn your loss before you accept it. Family and friends to support you through this is a great thing to have.

Good luck.
    itsjustme123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 10:38 PM
    He is studying abroad and broke up with me. How do I get back with him?
    My boyfriend broke off our relationship as he is going to overseas for five months to study in college. He said he is still in love with me, but he couldn't put me through the pain of long distance as he's been in a bad situation before with a past relationship.
    He says he'll miss me so much and he wants me to find happiness, because it's something he is unable to give me right now.
    I have had no trouble moving on and letting go with past boyfriends... But he is something else.
    I am very in love with him. I have this connection with him that I can't shake and I know he feels the same. It was an unfortunate event, and I know he is doing this to prevent hurting me from long distance. But I can't leave him.
    I'm wondering, how do you think I should go about contacting him in the future?
    I'm thinking I'll let it go for maybe two months and see how I am feeling..
    I don't want our relationship to fade..
    He is too important for that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2012, 03:46 PM
    I think for now you are in denial his priorities in life have changed. For whatever reason he doesn't want a long distance relationship.

Make your mind up to leave this situation alone for 6 months, instead of just two.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2012, 04:52 PM
    You don't need any hope. He has broken up with you, you need to accept his decision, especially if you love him. He is not willing to try to work at a long distance relationship, and with good reason; I personally believe they don't work. However, whatever the reason may be he has made his choice. No text, no contact, start to move on, hope will only make you more miserable. No one ever thinks they will ever meet someone else after a relationship, the wound is fresh, let time do its job and keep yourself busy in the meantime.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2012, 05:20 PM
    He also knew that he wants to be able to date, go out and have fun when he is away in school. You did not say your age?

But he is clear, and there is little ( really nothing) you can do about it. You can keep false hope or you can accept it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 (1 semester) + OPT (2 months) + H1b visa (3 months), how to file Taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

I came on F1 visa and graduated in May 2008 (studied 1 semester in 2008) then I started my job as a physical therapist on OPT base for 2 months and I got H1b visa and worked 3 more months in 2008, 1) how do I file taxes? 2) which things do I have keep in mind while I file taxes? Fairly new...

9 months in F1 OPT and 3 months in H1B. How do I calculate my federal taxes ? [ 3 Answers ]

I was working in a company in F1 visa for 9 months under OPT and my H1b started from 1st October. That makes 9 months in F1 and 3 months in H1B visa. How do I calculate my taxes ?

9 Months on OPT and 3 Months on H1B will I qualify to claim Making Work Pay Credit [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was on OPT till Oct 1 2009 then I changed to H1-B. I researched a bit and found out that I have to fill in 1040NREZ (Please correct me if I am wrong :)). I filled my Federal Tax using Cintax application. And then to cross verify I again filled it with H&R Block, free federal...

7 months on F1; 2 months on OPT; 3 months on H1B - what tax form should I Use? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 1. I am Indian Citizen 2. I am single 3. I was in school from July 2005 to May 2007. I graduated from school in May 2007. 4. I started working from August 13, 2007. a) First on, OPT until September 30, 2007 b) then on H1B visa from October 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007 (Still working)...

Bleeding 3 months straight after depo shot 4 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

The birth control shot I got was supposed to be good for 3 months. I got it 4 months ago, so I realize it should have worn off by now. Everything was fine for the 1st month, but for the past 3 MONTHS, I my vagina has continually been bleeding. After it had been doing this for 3 weeks I called to...

View more questions Search