Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Feb 20, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Well I don't know what I believe about that but what do you think?
    sexybeasty Posts: 112, Reputation: 16

Feb 20, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Rob, I need to address one thing you just stated. We all sin and we all repeat sin. It is a fact. In order, though, for us to have an abundant and blessed life and to be pleasing to our Father in Heaven, we must try to be vigulant to be loving and kind and to do right by others. He is our Father in deed, and He will reward or punish us according to our lives which He alone should judge.

I don't know if you were implyig that Christians would lose their salvation by sinning, but I answer with a resounding NO. His relationship with us is like our own with our children. We get disappointed at times and will punish at times when our children do wrong. We will never forsake them. They belong to us, and we belong to them. Once our name is written in the Book of Life, it will NOT be ereased. That is God's promise to us. ALL of us sinning Christians.

Since I want the blessings that go along with an obedient life, I try my best and besides, I feel close to God in the process. I fear the loss of blessings here on Earth due to sin, not the loss of my eternal promise.

Just wanted to clear that one up. Blessings to you and yours.
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Feb 20, 2007, 10:51 AM
    I understand how you may have misunderstood what I said... We are human, we sin, we make mistakes and we are infallible. We were meant to have perfection, but long story short, we tempted our own fate. The wonderful gift of free-choice that God gave us is something that we deal with each day. We make good choices and we make bad ones too. “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us” (1 John 1:8). Which is perhaps the biggest sin... LOL!

We (all of us) GAIN our salvation by repenting our sins. The Bible pretty much tells us that after Jesus was crucified that he became our 'way to God'... I honestly think that by that time God was so fed up with us as whole he decided to step back and let our history continue as phophesied. No matter what we do, even after repenting and asking for forgiveness--we are still going to be imperfect, we are still going to sin. I believe that when people do this, they become more aware of what they are doing and really try to become more like the people Jesus tried to teach us to become.

And of course... if a person is only interested in salvation as the bottom line, I don't think they have their 'heart' into it. I think that each day we are given a new beginning, new hope and new opportunities to become better people. However, when a person continues to push God away, eventually God will go away. He will harden the heart and that person will be lost.

On one hand--REV 3:14 says that those who overcome will not be erased from the Book of Life, that Jesus will confess his/her name before God and the Angels. On the other hand, PS 69:28 talks about being erased from the Book of Life and not recorded with the righteous. That would lead me to believe that one can be erased... but as I said before--we have free-will and we can make the choice to be confessed before God--or blotted out.

Feb 20, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Rob, I think that verse is referring to Earthly life. I think we have intrepretation differences. Nonetheless, I respect your right to a difference of opinion. Blessings.

Feb 20, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Can you explain why you believe that verse refers to Earthly Life?

I really am curious, to me, part of learning the Bible and understanding it is to be open to realizing that I may not totally understand every word written... it's a constant learning process.

Feb 20, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Well, it is hard for me to explain, but I was on another site, wondir and a guy with the handle, MRK, I believe it was MRK had explained it. It made sense to me. He said there is the Book of the Living and the Book of Life and they are referring to earthly life and eternal life respectively. Anyway, I just feel strongly about this. I am just a gal who was raised hearing it this way, and it rings true.

I responded to you on my question post, where I asked you if you can imagine NOT being a Christian? I cannot. I believe true repentance cannot be shaken loose. We cannot judge whether those who claim to once have been Christian ever truly took the step. It is inconceivable to me. Really, in life's practicalities, can you imagine not having the Holy Spirit with you to love and to guide you? The faith in me is sooo strong, I cannot imagine it not being the same for other Christians.

Sorry my answer isn't more sufficient. I am not a teacher... just a believer.

Feb 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
    I think that all Believers are teachers in some sense of the word!

I don't think it's up to us to judge people either--only God truly knows what is in a person's heart. It's really easy for us to sit around and say what someone else does is wrong--but to say that God won't forgive it... not our choice. We can choose not to be around those who test our faith, we can also look at something and allow that's it's wrong, but as I said--that ultimate forgiveness is up to Him.

I can imagine it--I was raised in a way that 'taught it', but until I really decided to learn it and understand it--I did not fathom how much impact it would have on my life. Not saying that I've grown a halo or anything--wow--I know I try His patience! But I somehow feel that there is more to me now. Hard to explain, it feels good though.

Feb 20, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Yeah, it feels pretty good to me too. I like you Rob, you have a good heart.
    jdselby1024 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2007, 09:02 PM
    TRy reading this it may help with all different views, and possibly answer all your questions.
    Are We Living in the End Times? (Hardcover)
    by Tim F. LaHaye (Author), Jerry B. Jenkins (Author)
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 22, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    well i dont know what i believe about that but what do u think?
    Who? Me? Well, here's what I believe. Jesus will come back. I believe it will be pre-tribulation, because the Great Tribulation is when God finally pours His anger out on a rebellious humanity, and the Bible tells believers that they are not appointed for wrath. Also Jesus said it would be like it was in the days of Noah and Lot. I believe the point there is that Noah and his immediate family were on board the ark when it started to rain, and Lot was safely out of Sodom before the fire fell on it. But if God chooses to keep believers safe in the midst of the Great Tribulation, that would be OK too, but I don't read the Scriptures that way. The main point is simply, are you ready?
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeasty
    Rob, I need to address one thing you just stated. We all sin and we all repeat sin. It is a fact. In order, though, for us to have an abundant and blessed life and to be pleasing to our Father in Heaven, we must try to be vigulant to be loving and kind and to do right by others. He is our Father in deed, and He will reward or punish us according to our lives which He alone should judge.

I don't know if you were implyig that Christians would lose their salvation by sinning, but I answer with a resounding NO. His relationship with us is like our own with our children. We get disappointed at times and will punish at times when our children do wrong. We will never forsake them. They belong to us, and we belong to them. Once our name is written in the Book of Life, it will NOT be ereased. That is God's promise to us. ALL of us sinning Christians.

Since I want the blessings that go along with an obediant life, I try my best and besides, I feel close to God in the process. I fear the loss of blessings here on Earth due to sin, not the loss of my eternal promise.

Just wanted to clear that one up. Blessings to you and yours.
    We don't want to get into a discussion on the subject of eternal security. Do we??

Feb 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
    That is how threads go sometimes. I was addressing something Rob stated. Sometimes questions lead to other discussions.

Feb 22, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Sorry! I'm probably the one who derailed the train... I'm a lot like Godzilla that way! ;)

Feb 23, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Rob, I don't think there is any need to appologize. I have been on many threads that lead to different topics yet somehow were tied to the question. If I pose a question, you can bring up something that goes with topic anytime. We weren't discussing commercials... we were discussing Christ. For me, it all ties. Have a wonderful day Rob and Galve.

Got to get ready for work... and in case anyone wants to know, I am NOT prepared to discuss my job at the post office.

Feb 23, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Hey, galv, that last sentence was a total joke. I should have put LOL on it or something. I do understand why you posed the question in the first place and it was legitimate, I just was saying, in threads, subjects move along, especially in long threads. Again, have a good one.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 06:54 AM
    I would like to add that many millions of people have died, and exactly zero have returned. The odds look very slim for Mr. Christ.

Feb 23, 2007, 08:08 AM
    That's because they have not been resurrected. Until the end of the Tribulations, when Messiah returns and begins his 1000 year reign... no one who has died will be here.

But then if you listen to any of these psychics--the dead people are all over the place--just seems that only certain people can see them... (I'm rolling my eyes right now!)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Well robyn when you step back and think about it both situations have about the same probability of occurring.
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

Feb 23, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I would like to add that many millions of people have died, and exactly zero have returned. The odds look very slim for Mr. Christ.
    Capuchin, people are not supposed to return. Not now. However, Christ is the Son of God. Jesus foretold His second coming in the Bible. In fact Jesus' resurrection account in the New Testament is proof of His first return.
    John21:11-14- Simon Peter climbed aboard and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish,153, but even with so many the net was not torn. Jesus said to them,"Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples dared ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord. Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.
    I suspect that those who are walking in the Spirit in these last days will actually begin to anticipate that something is about to happen.
    I just like to suggest you read the Bible. You can read it for reproof of Jesus' resurrection for starters. But it is hard to understand the Bible without the Holy Spirit(if you are not a Christian) because it was by the Spirit of the Lord that the written Bible was inspired.

Feb 23, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Well robyn when you step back and think about it both situations have about the same probability of occuring.

Well--I have to look at the Bible... the prophesies turned out to have really occurred. It's sort of hard to argue that the resurrection won't happen when all of the other stuff was foretold and did take place.

As for the psychic's--I can only refer to Syliva Browne--talking to her 'spirits' and telling the parents of a missing boy that the child was dead and laying in a wooded area. That same missing boy was later found in Missouri--along with another missing child who was presumed dead. Real nice spirits eh?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth of Jesus Christ [ 11 Answers ]

When was Jesus Christ born ?

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

Return on Assets & Return on Equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question... Lily Cosmetics has annual sales of $500,000,000. They maintain a net after tax profit margin of 5% and they have a sales-to-assets ratio of 4. A) What is the Return on assets? B) If the debt/equity ratio is 0.5, what is the Return on Equity?

Do Qumranic/Essense foundations of Christianity predate Jesus Christ? [ 9 Answers ]

Have you read the book, EDMUND WILSON. The Dead Sea Scrolls, 1947-1969, New York: Oxford University Press, 1969? As an eminent critic and author, Wilson has shown himself a man for all subjects. Though a self-confessed nonexpert on the scrolls, his narrative powers brought his work wide...

View more questions Search