Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Aug 22, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Re-sinning
    While walking on with the Lord, I had been fighting temptations and success rate has been very good till one day I gave in to the temptation. I had the escape door available but could not walk up to the door to get out of temptation. I have realized my sin and have asked Lord God to forgive me through blood of Jesus.

What else can I do to regain what I lost with this slip in my life?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 10:17 AM
    Why do you feel you have to do anything ?

What do you feel you lost ?

Aug 22, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Why do you feel you have to do anything ?

What do you feel you lost ?
    I confessed my sins and walked away from it last year. I was holding up the vow to not commit the sin again yet I fell.

My concern is based on two things. - 1. Transference of spirits when bodies become one. Last year when I confessed my sin, I fasted for extended period which was suggested by a pastor to clean up myself from all spirits. And that was fruitful.

- 2. When Jesus shed HIS blood for my sins, HE washed me. So now should I let HIM die again to wash my this sin?

I might be sounding confused, but my only concern that I should not fall down in HIS eyes after this iniquity OR should I bury it and continue walking with HIM and try to not be selfish for my flesh.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Triund View Post
    I confessed my sins and walked away from it last year. I was holding up the vow to not commit the sin again yet I fell.

My concern is based on two things. - 1. Transference of spirits when bodies become one. Last year when I confessed my sin, I fasted for extended period which was suggested by a pastor to clean up myself from all spirits. And that was fruitful.

- 2. When Jesus shed HIS blood for my sins, HE washed me. So now should I let HIM die again to wash my this sin?

I might be sounding confused, but my only concern that I should not fall down in HIS eyes after this iniquity OR should I bury it and continue walking with HIM and try to not be selfish for my flesh.
    Forgiveness covers any sin. Jesus died once for ALL; there's no need for him to do it again. You did it again? He'll forgive. You did it a dozen times? He'll forgive. There may be consequences, but they're consequences, not punishment. Forgiven is forgiven. He's not going to say "Oh, well, he promised me he wouldn't do that again and he did, so I'm giving up on him." It doesn't work like that. If you are sincerely repentant, He'll forgive. You might stumble again; there are no guarantees in this life. If you do, He's ready to forgive again as quick as you come to Him.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 22, 2011, 06:34 PM
    Great advice guys. Let me throw this verse out there for him.

Psalm 37:24 "Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand."

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

Triund, we ALL fall short, and there is NOTHING we can do... salvation is a gift. The most important thing you can do right now is stand back up, dust yourself off and keep going forward with your walk in Christ.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 06:56 PM
    And a different spirit can not reside in a person who has the Holy Spirit in them, So when you accept Christ, there is no room for other spirits,

A few groups, that I somewhat disagree with, see others infected with evil spirits every week, all they do is cast out evil spirits week after week, after week, normally from the same people, seems like they don't get it right th first time to me.

There are and can be spirits around us, and temp us, but nothing will get rid of them to a point, EVEN Christ was tempted by them.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Triund View Post
    While walking on with the Lord, I had been fighting temptations and success rate has been very good till one day I gave in to the temptation. I had the escape door available but could not walk upto the door to get out of temptation. I have realized my sin and have asked Lord God to forgive me through blood of Jesus.

What else can I do to regain what I lost with this slip in my life?
    Scripture says:
    Luke 11:41
    But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

And:
    Luke 12:33
    Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

And in another place:
    James 1:27
    Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

There is a devotion, which is called the "presence of God". It is a perpetual conversation with God. You simply talk to God all day long. Everyday.

Do this and you will be greatly rewarded.

Sincerely,

De Maria

Aug 23, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Dear folks,

I am so glad that I put confessed my sin and asked suggestions how to bury it and move on. Otherwise guilt would had tormented me. Thanks to you all for standing with me during this time where I could had not got up again and carry on with my walk. God bless you all.

Aug 23, 2011, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    Forgiveness covers any sin. Jesus died once for ALL; there's no need for him to do it again. You did it again? He'll forgive. You did it a dozen times? He'll forgive. There may be consequences, but they're consequences, not punishment. Forgiven is forgiven. He's not going to say "Oh, well, he promised me he wouldn't do that again and he did, so I'm giving up on him." It doesn't work like that. If you are sincerely repentant, He'll forgive. You might stumble again; there are no guarantees in this life. If you do, He's ready to forgive again as quick as you come to Him.
    Thanks Dave for these words. Had Lord God not opened my mind to understand HIM, I would had taken this suggestion as a shield to continue sinning against HIM in my flesh. However, I fully got your message, Dave and would do my best to fight tempetation and be victorious. God bless you.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 24, 2011, 02:17 PM
    I like it when the OP actually walks away feeling better about their question. Good job guys.
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

Sep 5, 2011, 10:46 PM
    I was holding up the vow to not commit the sin again yet I fell
    good luck with that.
    although you're a christian you will still sin. Admitting you have sinned and asking for forgivness is better then not doing anything.

god doesn't look down when you sin and go "oh man this guy doesnt know what hes doing he sucks"
    no, god still loves you regardless. When you ask for forgivness ("god that was stupid, im asking for your forgivness of what ive done" etc etc) then POW all if forgoten and you can move on

i think a lot of chritsian have more issues in forgiving themselves though
    SERGIO41593 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2011, 11:51 AM
    romans;8;1; there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are inchrist jesus. Who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit.for what the law could not do,in that it was weak through the flesh,God sending his own son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin. condemed sin in the flesh. So you see even though we sin as christians, we are no longer condemed by God for sinning, be cause our spirit is willing to serve God , but the flesh is weak, always have been and always will be.that is why we must be filled with the holy spirit so that it can fight against the flesh.that is the purpose of the holy spirit. It does what we can't.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2011, 10:08 AM
    Yes, the first verse I thought of was Romans 8:1. There is now NO condemnation. Condmenation will keep you IN the sin but Paul says Where sin abounds grace much MORE abounds. Grace is poured out all the more! Isn't that amazing? What a wonderful savior.

When the woman was caught in adultry and the Lord Jesus delt with those who accused her he told her that he didn't condemn her and then he told her to go and sin no more. But it was only after she wasn't by condemned by the Lord did she have the POWER to go and sin no more.

we don't have to clean ourselves up. That is the Lord's job and he did it perfectly and forever. Your job when you sin is to pick yourself up and MOVE ON. Satan wants you stuck and thinking on it... Jesus already paid for it once and for all. Forgetting those things which are behind... press ON!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    But it was only after she wasn't by condemned by the Lord did she have the POWER to go and sin no more.
    She never sinned again during her lifetime?
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2011, 10:34 AM
    WG,

Never said that. I said she was given the power NOT to. We who are in christ have been given the gift of righteousness... not condemnation There is power in knowing who you are in Christ, there is power over sin when you understand you are no longer condemned
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2011, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    there is power over sin when you understand you are no longer condemned
    Ah, that's certainly better than saying she will literally sin no more!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm I really dead to sin? I keep on sinning. [ 16 Answers ]

I received JESUS CHRIST as my lord and savior in 1987. Since then I have seen my life change for the better putting aside the continueous sinning,attending a church each week and involved in some things of the church. I have turned away from some past sins forever never returning to them but some I...

View more questions Search