Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeskosa Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 02:39 AM
    EtG?
    9 1/2 days ago me and cousin drank 3 pitchers of beer and each had 2 rum and cokes as well and a glass of wine. ETG test today. What are my chances?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2011, 05:58 AM

EtG from alcohol consumed 9 days ago is long gone.

Apr 26, 2011, 02:22 AM
    Thanks for the answer. Gave that exit UA on that Tuesday. The counselor stated that I have completed my treatment. Now its just up to the lab and the UA result to then file my case complete. As mentioned earlier had a drinking session about 9 and a half days ago before UA was given... Now a week later still haven't heard from the Treatment Facility about my result. Still haven't received the completion letter. And its making me think. Does this mean that my UA could have came back possitive?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2011, 05:18 AM

EtG tests are notorious for false positives. If your test turns out to be low level positive it was not as a result of alcohol consumed 9 days previous.

Government agencies and court programs have been warned repeatedly that the test is unreliable. Quoting from the Advisory issued by National Institutes of Health:

"Currently, the use of an EtG test in determining abstinence lacks sufficient proven specificity for use as primary or sole evidence that an individual prohibited from drinking, in a criminal justice or a regulatory compliance context, has truly been drinking.”

For complete copy of NIH Advisory go here.

See also recent advisory from Skipper, etal, here.

However, a more likely explanation is administrative delay.

Apr 26, 2011, 01:21 PM
    I ended up calling the facility and verify. Test came back negative. Thanks for your insight Dr. Bill.

Apr 26, 2011, 01:22 PM
    I ended up just calling the facility. Test came back negative. Thanks for the insight Dr. Bill.
    npt33 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 06:42 AM
    I had a total of 20 beer thurs, through sat, stopped sat. at 10:00 5 1 female 130 pounds taking EtG test on Tuesday will I pass? Not sure of the cut-off period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

EtG ua [ 5 Answers ]

How to pass a EtG UA

ETG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does THC come up on an ETG test?

EtG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does drinking lots of water, urinating often and taking vitamins help you pass an EtG test faster..

EtG or no EtG.THAT is the ? [ 0 Answers ]

I am not taking drugs and am not worried about taking a drug test. I am also getting a alcohol urine test as well ( although my condition did not state no drinking), this is my concern and I drive myself crazy about this... I don't know whether I am getting a standard ethanol test (I would pass...

View more questions Search