Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NikkiBabies5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 08:23 AM
    I'm 35 have three children and am with a new partner but why can't I fall pregnant?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2011, 08:40 AM

What did your OB-GYN tell you? They will know more than any of us will. THey will have examined you and seen you medical history... all we can do is guess.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 18, 2011, 08:53 AM
    Maybe your new man has a fertility issue.

Mar 18, 2011, 09:25 AM
    We have been trying for about a year, I was sent for blood tests which came back saying some of the results were abnormal. My partner had sperm count done and his results also came back as abnormal. We were advised to monitor my Basal temp for 6 months to see if I seemed to be ovulating and to return if things still didn't seem to be working... We're now about to make another set of appointments. I guess I was hoping someone might have a new idea for me to try.

Mar 18, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Sorry I'm new to this I replied in an answer sorry.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Sorry i'm new to this I replied in an answer sorry.
    You don't have to respond to everyone individually if you answered in the body of another answer. We do read all the responses. Well, most of us do anyway.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 18, 2011, 10:03 AM
    It's actually very good to get the test results, because then you know what you're up against. There's no sense waiting and waiting for it to happen if you're going to need some help. I hope your next appointment gives you a good idea about the next step you should take.

Mar 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
    Does anyone have any ideas that could increase my chances naturally. My cycle is between 21 & 28 days varying from month to month. I have read about increasing my fluid intake, reducing caffeine, reducing alcohol, reducing stress (tricky working 1:1 in a primary school) My partner has read about him taking Zinc tablets... Anyone have anything I can try, I'll give most things a go if they could help.

Mar 19, 2011, 11:47 AM
    Comment on summer_girl's post
    Thanks summer_girl, I'll be in contact with GP asap
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiBabies5 View Post
    We have been trying for about a year, I was sent for blood tests which came back saying some of the results were abnormal. My partner had sperm count done and his results also came back as abnormal. We were advised to monitor my Basal temp for 6 months to see if I seemed to be ovulating and to return if things still didn't seem to be working....We're now about to make another set of appointments. I guess I was hoping someone might have a new idea for me to try.

In what way were results abnormal for you? Was your partner's results just a concern for count or other factors as well? From the wording of your post, did you already do the temping for six months and now you are going back for more testing or are you starting the six months of temping?

At 35, I wouldn't waste six months of temping to determine whether you are ovulating... your doctor can test for that much more effectively. Temping really lets you know your body is preparing to ovulate, and probably will, but not that it actually does.

Certainly all the things you mentioned can be helpful (I understand the stress factor fully... teach year 2 myself!)

Mar 26, 2011, 05:18 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    To be honest it was about a year ago that I was at the doctors and I'm not sure the GP was specific about what was abnormal. I was sent for a blood test 21 days into my cycle to determine is I was ovulating, the 21st day fell on a Sunday so the test was done on the Monday. The doctor said this hadn't confirmed anything.
    We have done the temping now for nearly a year and I'm still having 21-28 day cycle, we have also given it the set length of time they said we need to be trying before they will consider doing anything. I have GP appointment 5th April to start the ball rolling all over again :-$
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 01:31 PM

Good to hear you will be returning to check into it further. Fingers crossed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have lived with my partner for 18 years we have 3 children his name is on the morga [ 4 Answers ]

I have lived with my partner for 18 years we have 3 children he has mortgage in his name am I entilted to anything due to separation

Do you have to pay for children when x partner gets married [ 4 Answers ]

my sons x partner got married she now after seven years she wants him to pay for his child who as her husbands name and thare have two more children

Can my partner adopt my 2 children,there father doesn't have contact with them [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with my partner for 4 years I have 2 chidren from a previous relationship my children don't have any contact with there real dad he doesn't pay csa and they haven't seen him for 3 years.could my new partnes adopt them and how?

Won't my partner 2 adopt my 2 children [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting married in 3 weeks and won't my partner 2 adopt my 2 childre,he's not on either of their birth certificates,how do I do it? >Moved from Forum Help>

Does my partner have rights to see his children [ 12 Answers ]

My partner has two children by his ex partner, they separated a long time ago and she had made it very difficult for him to see his son and daughter,she has sent him nasty & treatening text messages and has pestered him for money, he pays child support for them but she wants him to give her cash...

View more questions Search