Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Jan 26, 2011, 07:00 PM
    Am I Caring Too much?
    Ok well I have such a huge heart and maybe to huge at times. Ok well one of my contact's on another website seems to be having problems. Since I started to talking to him I have been caring even more for them then maybe I should. But that's just how I am. But he doesn't like his school and he always seems really depressed but whenever we talk he is always nice and happy with me. But when I read some of his comments my heart breaks and what really pushed me was when there was a question that said " What is something that you wish you could get out of your mind?" and he said "suicidal thoughts" And I started to cry. I really care about him even though we only talk online. ( He lives in another country) And we have build a really great friendship to as well. But I really don't know what to do. I always try to be nice to him and I really do like him and he is such a great person. And he is 15 and I am 13 if that helps. And it is nothing like dating or anything just a really great friendship. But anyway thanks in advance and sorry it's so long.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 26, 2011, 07:06 PM

Is this website one where he gets advice? If so then I' sure they will help him. Unless he confides in you, there is really nothing you can do.

Jan 26, 2011, 07:08 PM

Well it's on the site Yahoo answer's. And I really care about them for some reason I guess.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 26, 2011, 08:17 PM

Well if he is getting help and answers there that is good.
    You can't help everyone. It is good you have compassion, but know your boundaries.
    You are living here, enjoy your teenage years. If you find this so upsetting, stay out of the site for a while.

Jan 27, 2011, 01:06 PM

Ok and he seems to be acting okay. And thank you and yeah I do have a lot of compassion for others.lol;) But thanks.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    Ok well I have such a huge heart and maybe to huge at times. Ok well one of my contact's on another website seems to be having problems. Since I started to talking to him I have been caring even more for them then maybe I should. But that's just how I am. But he dosn't like his school and he always seems really depressed but whenever we talk he is always nice and happy with me. But when I read some of his comments my heart breaks and what really pushed me was when there was a question that said " What is something that you wish you could get out of your mind?" and he said "suicidal thoughts" And I started to cry. I really care about him even though we only talk online. ( He lives in another country) And we have build a really great friendship to as well. But I really don't know what to do. I always try to be nice to him and I really do like him and he is such a great person. And he is 15 and I am 13 if that helps. And it is nothing like dating or anything just a really great friendship. But anyways thanks in advance and sorry it's so long.

Since you only communicate online and he may be aware of your age you need to be very careful. Any communication needs to be in the open like it is here. Do not talk in private to this person. He may be real or he may be a preditor and is playing you. Try to keep that in mind when talking to anyone that you don't have personal knowlage of. Keep it in the open where it can be seen by all. Be aware at all times. The internet can turn into a nightmare very quickly.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 07:32 PM

Good advice califdadof3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caring for a chick [ 3 Answers ]

I am now hand rearing a 2 week old banton chick... Does anyone have any tips or advice that would be helpful or I should know? Thanks :)

Kissing/ being caring [ 3 Answers ]

So I have gone out with this guy a few times and he usually kisses me before we leave each other but last time we met before we left each other he just hugged me and held me really close to him. He told me to take care of myself. I don't know what happened to him as he usually was like kissing all...

Am I Caring Too Much? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend mentioned to me today that I care too much about him. Apparently, since he signed off Instant Messenger in the middle of the conversation and didn't come back; I called him about 20 minutes after. He told me I didn't need to worry like that, but the thing is, he has diabetes and after...

Caring for birds [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I'm pretty sad today A baby pigeon fell from a nest 2 days ago and I have been trying to take care of it with the hopes of it getting better and flying away one day. It was fine up until lastnight, eating and playing in the saucer of water I gave it. This morning I woke up and it was...

View more questions Search