Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Jan 24, 2011, 05:01 PM
    Does he like me?
    Well I work with this guy for my video animation class. Well he is always talking and talking to me and always touching me and hugging me. But it's a friendly way not he's harassing me type of way.lol But like today in class we were talking about how hard it is for a guy to ask a girl out and then out of no where he say's to me "Will you go out with me?" And I was like Oh my god. But he said he was just joking and then my friend said that we should go out and it was an awkward moment. But like he always hugs me and pats me on my back and touch my hair saying how soft it is and what not. And I just sit there just saying yeah cause I don't want him to think that I think he's kind of weird. And he's white and I'm african american. If that helps at all. But does he like me? Thanks in advance.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 05:11 PM

I don't know if he likes you are not, maybe he does, but he should not be putting his hands on you. That is inappropriate and your not saying anything is telling him it's OK and maybe you like it, or him.
    So he is responding to sognals you are sending as well. Do you like him?

Jan 24, 2011, 05:14 PM

Well it's kind of hard to say I mean a part of me likes him but then a part of me is like Uhhhh I'm not sure. And with the touching part I mainly don't say anything because I don't want him to think that I think he's kind of weird.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 05:45 PM

Well you need to set some boundaries cause you are sending mixed signals.
    The next time he hugs you or rubs your back or touches your hair, tell him not to do that.

Jan 24, 2011, 05:57 PM

Ok thank you. You always know what to say!lol:) But thanks and I will set boundaries. Thanks again.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 06:03 PM

You're welcome. Anytime
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    Ok thank you. You always know what to say!lol:) But thanks and I will set boundaries. Thanks again.
    One thing you really need to learn and this is a good example is that silence can speak volumes. You need to break that barrier and speak up. I agree he shouldn't be touching you in any way without your express permission. If it were a workplace he would be fired for sexual harassment. Speak up and start setting the examples now.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 07:17 PM

By setting boundaries, you'll be doing HIM a favor by teaching him that his freedoms stop at the end of his nose (or hands). He may be from a family that has no boundaries, and might be doing this sort of thing with others too. He needs to be told that it's NOT okay. Anytime. With anyone. Not without their explicit permission.

Jan 26, 2011, 06:46 PM

Thanks you guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search