Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 04:53 PM
    Kia Rio LX
    I'm thinking about buying this car and I'm wondering about your opinions.

I know that years ago it wasn't that great, but since Hyundai bought Kia I heard it is is good. This is a 2010 with 9000 miles and still has 3 years left on the manufacturers warranty.

Does anybody know anything?:D
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 05:13 PM

Here's something I heard several weeks ago from a very competent individual, who owned his own auto repair shop for years. He said that to maintain the 100,000 mile or 10 year powertrain warranty on Kia and Hyundai products, the timing belt needs to be replaced every 30,000 miles. This expensive procedure is how they cover the expense of the warranty. You may want to verify this, since it may affect your decision.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Here's something I heard several weeks ago from a very competent individual, who owned his own auto repair shop for years. He said that to maintain the 100,000 mile or 10 year powertrain warranty on Kia and Hyundai products, the timing belt needs to be replaced every 30,000 miles. This expensive procedure is how they cover the expense of the warranty. You may want to verify this, since it may affect your decision.
    So your saying that the timing belt isn't covered under warranty? They don't have that warranty anymore or didn't have it for me. This one is 5 years 60,000 miles.
    The car I have now is 3 years old and I have only put about 10,000 on it. I might never get to 30,000:) I'm old:eek:
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 06:32 PM

Correct. It's viewed as a regular maintenance item, like changing the oil and filter. This is what I have been told--you need to verify it, however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where does the fuel go in to the injectors on a 2006 Kia Rio [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 2006 Kia Rio and were driving down the road and all of a sudden the car stalls like it is out of gas. I do not know much about the fuel system, but the fuel filter has never been changed. It has 80,000 miles on it and has hed the injectors changed at 10,000 miles. Can you help Thanks.

What is the knock sensor location on a 2001 Kia Rio? [ 1 Answers ]

OBD2 reader says CEL is result of knock sensor. Where is it?

Need wiring diagram on were all sensor's plug in on a 2006 kia rio [ 0 Answers ]

I replaced fuel pump in 2006 kia rio I hear the pump run but does not start then I noticed some wires unopluged one coming up from altenater the other looks like its coming from the black bar were all the fuel injecters are both have plug connecters on them leading from a single wire.please help...

View more questions Search