Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Jan 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Don't know how to deal with father coming back into my life
    Well for the first time in many years I talked to my dad. I was so scared and nervous because I haven't seen or heard from him for a long time. I was shocked because my mom found him for me because I always wondered where he was. It was really weired talking to him and hearing his voice. I just talked all nice but I was really nervous. He said that he loved and miss me and wanted to see me. But I don't know how to deal with all of this. I am his first daughter. He is doing very well in life but it's just hit me all at once full blast. I want him back in my life but it's really hard and fustrating to do so. How can I deal with all of this? Thanks.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 01:24 PM

Ask your mom about getting you some counseling. This person will be able to give you tips on coping with this and help with feelings you might have.
    Your father is no doubt nervous too. Talk to him about what you are feeling.
    You two may be of help to each other.
    I hope this will be a good reunion for you both

Jan 12, 2011, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Ask your mom about getting you some counseling. This person will be able to give you tips on coping with this and help with feelings you might have.
    Your father is no doubt nervous too. Talk to him about what you are feeling.
    You two may be of help to each other.
    I hope this will be a good reunion for you both
    Yeah he did sound nervous when he talked to me over the phone. And I will talk to him about how I feel about him and the whole situation. I'm so use to him not being there to the point where I'm not sure if I want him back in my life. I will talk to my mom and see how it goes. And I hope it is a good family reunion.:)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 12, 2011, 01:50 PM
    This is good news so far, right?
    He won't mind I'm sure if you say that you are nervous and want to keep talking on the phone for a while before meeting in person. If you have Facebook, you could ask him to join and be friends. You can see each other's pictures and write.
    And when you do meet, it can be where and when and with whom else you want - mom, a friend, anyone.
    It can be in a park, restaurant, coffee shop, bookstore, school playground, out on your front steps.

Jan 12, 2011, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    This is good news so far, right?
    He won't mind I'm sure if you say that you are nervous and want to keep talking on the phone for a while before meeting in person. If you have Facebook, you could ask him to join and be friends. You can see each other's pictures and write.
    And when you do meet, it can be where and when and with whom else you want - mom, a friend, anyone.
    It can be in a park, restaurant, coffee shop, bookstore, school playground, out on your front steps.
    Yeah it's kind of good new's. He was really nice to me over the phone and he said he wanted to see me in April. But I feel like it's to fast. It's really complicated and fustrating. And yeah I think talking on the phone for a while would be a good start. And thanks.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 01:54 PM

Why has he not been in your life? (if I may ask)

Jan 12, 2011, 01:59 PM
    Why has he not been in your life? (if I may ask)
    Well he and my mom got divorced and my mom moved me and my brother to another state and we just kind of stop having contact with him. But he didn't know where we were and we didn't know where he was either. But now we know now. And me and my brother have didfferent fathers so this is my father. But I'm happy to here from him but it's really confusing since I haven't seen him in a long time.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 02:01 PM

I wish you the best. A father is so important in a young girls life.
    I hope this is the beginning of a good relationship

Jan 12, 2011, 02:02 PM
    I wish you the best. A father is so important in a young girls life.
    I hope this is the beginning of a good relationship
    Thank you so much and I hope so to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex forged my sig to a life ins. Co. Should I deal direct with them or getattorney [ 1 Answers ]

The insurance was 2 "whole life" policies. They were paid up so there was no billing or continuous contact with ocmpany. My ex forged my signiture giving him the right to borrow on one and close out another and put them in his name. My question is since ins. co.'s make money by NOT paying out...

How do I deal with My StepMother and Father [ 4 Answers ]

I really need some advice here... I can not sleep for I am so worried about things... My Father has been remarried for 7 years now... He married her after knowing her six months... When he met his wife... She had 2 daughters... 12 and 14 years old... three years ago.. my Dad adopted them... fine.....

Child's bio father wants back in life! [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter was born almost 13 years ago. Her biological father saw her when she was 2 weeks old and then my daughter and I moved from one state to another. He knew where we went and how to contact us for anything. He chose not to. On her first birthday we got $100.00 and a car seat....

I am unsure of how to deal with life with so much going on and if it is even worth it [ 2 Answers ]

Hi first I should explain a bit about what has been happening in my life recently, background info as it were. I moved out of my parents house 6 months ago due to not getting along with my mum and step dad, my profile explains about my dad. I then moved into a house share which is nice and I live...

View more questions Search