Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2011, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadStrongBoy View Post
    That time is now.
    That statement has been made by various bigshot wannabes in every century, practically in every decade. And they've all been wrong. There's no good reason to believe this guy is any different.

My favorite was the book "88 Reasons Why the Rapture May Happen in 1988."

Date-setting is nothing new. Check out your church history and then start paying attention to the things that are really important.
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Jan 3, 2011, 10:59 PM
    Two points. [1]The title quoted says "MAY Happen." That's just a little different from "absolutely will happen." [2]If date-setting is so gosh darn unimportant, why in the world is the OP so concerned about it ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 11:02 PM
    Two points. [1]The title quoted says "MAY Happen." That's just a little different from "absolutely will happen."
    The book title includes the world "may." It didn't happen. Mr. Camping says it WILL happen on May 21, 2011.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2011, 12:03 PM
    Two points. [1]The title quoted says "MAY Happen." That's just a little different from "absolutely will happen." [2]If date-setting is so gosh darn unimportant, why in the world is the OP so concerned about it ?
    Um, the OP asked about seeking God. YOU brought up the date-setting stuff. OP made one, count 'em, one, comment about what YOU brought up. I don't see how that constitutes being "so concerned about it." Nice bit of deflection there, but it didn't work.

Jan 4, 2011, 12:27 PM
    OK. This response is directed specifically to dwashbur. You're right, I apologize. I should have been clearer. The "two points" comment was directed at YOU, not at the original asker. Are we clear now ? I have every respect for somemone like Triund who seems to be sincere in their question. It's people like you who are on some kind of a "bashing" trip that merit my ire.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 12:54 PM
    It's people like you who are on some kind of a "bashing" trip that merit my ire.
    What bashing?

Jan 4, 2011, 12:58 PM
    It's clear to me you simply don't or can't read, Wondergirl. I said dwashbur !
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2011, 12:59 PM
    You don't sound very Christian to me.

Jan 4, 2011, 01:12 PM
    To NeedKarma: NEVER said I was Christian. And I don't claim to be religious at all in the CONVENTIONAL sense. There's no reason I should behave SUBMISSIVELY simply because my of my low "reputation."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 01:16 PM
    It's a public board, and this is a thread I've been reading since the beginning. You have no right to say who can answer you or not. Dwashbur is offline; I'm online. I am wondering what you are talking about regarding "bashing."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 01:17 PM
    There's no reason I should behave SUBMISSIVELY simply because my of my low "reputation."
    What??

Jan 4, 2011, 01:22 PM
    Excuse ME!! I have every right to express my opinion. And to direct my response at WHOMEVER I PLEASE!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 01:58 PM
    Excuse ME !!! I have every right to express my opinion. And to direct my response at WHOMEVER I PLEASE !!
    I didn't say you couldn't do either of those. YOU told me I could not respond because you had directed your comment to dwashbur.

Jan 4, 2011, 02:10 PM
    No, I didn't say you couldn't RESPOND. If you will look back at the WRITTEN RECORD, I WROTE that you DON'T OR CAN'T R-E-A-D. And it STILL looks that way!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2011, 03:37 PM
    Wow, all I see is a lot of anger over a trivial issue.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The spittle flying around is causing me to move into the kitchen to cook supper.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Jan 4, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Jesus hid the true information about HIS second coming even from those who were with HIM at the time of Transfiguration because HE gave them the commission to "go into all the world and preach the gospel." They were not to be preoccupied with "the times and the seasons." Also in Daniel 12:4 God told Daniel that much knowledge in the Bible was to be "sealed" even "to the time of the end." That means God has a definite purpose and a definite time when much information that was previously unknowable WOULD BE made available. That time is now.
    Head.. even I am hooked up to Daniel 12:4. No doubt we are in the Last Days. According to this verse, we are in the times of increase of knowledge. We can acess information easily. We can come to know of a happening in far away corner of the earth in few minutes. This was not possible decade ago. We can access information on the road, in the house, in marketplace, in the jungle, on the water. Anywhere we want. We are in the times when travel is becoming faster and faster. Now people can eat breakfast in US, lunch in Europe and Dinner in China. But this is not the guarantee that Jesus is coming back on May 11, 2011. Keep in mind the verse,"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only(Matthew 24:36). The next verses talk about days of Noah, we can say without fear that those days and today's times are very similar. But here again in verse 36, Jesus did not tell the date of HIS second coming.
    Why do you think, Jesus misinformed HIS disciples?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Triund View Post
    No doubt we are in the Last Days.
    We have been since the Resurrection.
    njab1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2011, 10:19 PM

You seek someone with the objective of finding them, so to seek God means to look for him with the objective of finding him. The only way to find God today is through his word The Bible. Only in the bible can we read about God and essentially learn about his personality, his likes, his dislikes, how he wants us to live our lives and what his will is.
    Prayer is also a very important aspect of seeking God.
    The only way to develop a relationship with someone is to talk to them and get to know them.
    We talk to God through prayer, and we get to know God through studying the bible.
    Also, Zephaniah 2:3 says "seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness."
    To remain in his favor, we need to “seek Jehovah” by carefully studying his Word, the Bible; prayerfully asking for his guidance; and drawing close to him. We must “seek righteousness” by living a morally clean life. And we need to “seek meekness” by cultivating a meek and submissive attitude.
    I hope this helps :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2011, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    In my case you don't see anger, just a face palm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did God die on the Cross? Is Mary the Mother of God? [ 10 Answers ]

Did God die on the Cross? Is Mary the Mother of God? If God died on the Cross then Mary is the Mother of God, the same logic applies to both. I say that God died on the Cross because Jesus is God and Jesus died on the Cross. I say that Mary is the Mother of God, because Jesus is God and...

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

View more questions Search