Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mintasaur Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Dec 28, 2010, 09:25 PM
    My friend keeps calling me cute?
    My guy friend, a very good one, keeps calling me cute, and has given me a petname "beautiful" :\

I am single, as of now, and I like it that way.

I don't like him in that way either.

I don't know how I can politely respond to him complimenting my looks without making it worse!

Help!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 09:45 PM

He is your friend, take it gracefully and make no big deal of it. Or deflect his compliments with humor, but let it be known its friends only. Does he know your interests are on someone else?? Why NOT? He is a friend.
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Dec 28, 2010, 11:50 PM

Well don't rush and jump to conclusions. He might not even like you the way that you are thinking. He might say those things to make you feel good or because it comes from his heart and he truly means it. And a way that you can respond is by easily saying thank you or OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My friend won't stop calling! [ 4 Answers ]

This is getting really annoying. Every day my friend has been calling me lately. Today I got really mad and told her I was busy and I think she caught on that I was mad and she apologized and hung up. Then I remembered it was her b-day and called her back. She accepted my apology and told me not to...

This guys always calling me cute names.what do I do? [ 8 Answers ]

OK well there's this guy that I kind of like. Not really sure where things are going. But he's always calling me all these cute names like "cutie" "babe" "baby" "sexy".. What are some good names I could call him back.. ones that he hasn't said to me. Any ideas?!

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

Death seems to be a friend calling me n promising to end every ordeal [ 5 Answers ]

Made some wrong career choices and wasted some precious years of my life. Now I'm lagging behind all of my friends and peers... Even the ones who were far behind me academically are now well settled, happy and satisfied. The ones who used to ask for my help in everything, now talks to me in...

View more questions Search