Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlove09 Posts: 73, Reputation: 5

Jul 3, 2009, 08:26 PM

Don't make a big deal over it. Act normal and if she does go see that guy then when she comes back, turn her down then walk out of her life in style.
    lagalagallama Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Don't make a big deal out of this guy thing, you will only make it worse. By acting like youi care about it, you will be pushing her further away from you, and closer to him since she will feel like she can't have him. By acting like you don't care she will start to wonder why that is and will think you are moving on, and it is more likely to draw her back in.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 3, 2009, 11:31 PM

If I were you, I'd take advantage of the 2 weeks off. Go party with your friends, have a blast, meet new people. Don't sit around count the days.
    I started dating my boyfriend when he was on such a break. He never looked back. His ex eventually found her soulmate too.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Just me, if a female dumped me to see someone else, I wouldn't care whether she came back, or not, I would be threw with her.

Ain't that much love in the world, for me to disrespect myself, by taking someone back who thought she could just dump me, and think she can just come back, when her plans fell through.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 4, 2009, 12:45 PM

I must have missed the merged threads that mentioned your girlfriend's old boyfriend. It reminded me of my own story. To make a long story short, your girlfriend might be feeling "trapped" because she doesn't know the status of your relationship, and she has another guy waiting in the wings and doesn't know what to do.
    In my story, the girl went out with the other guy, hoping that it would make her boyfriend jealous. It didn't, it set him free to fall in love with someone less manipulating... me.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 01:08 PM
    This reminds me of the story of an old lady who was cat sitting for a friend who was on vacation. Well, the cat was run over the first day they were gone. The old lady didn't want to come right out and tell them that their Precious was dead, she wanted to soften the blow, so when they called she said" Precious is on the roof and we can't get her down" two more days past, and the people called again, she said " well Precious came down but she got hurt and won't eat, we're taking her to the vet." Then when they came home from their vacation they weren't totally surprised by the death of Precious.

This is what I think that people do to each other when they say " let's take a break". Basically what she's telling you is that your relationship is on the roof and we can't get it down.

Good luck to you, take this break and don't call her, or contact her in any way. The best thing for you is concentrate your energy on moving forward from here. I know it's not easy, it never was for me either, but time will heal this. Go get dressed up and go to the mall and flirt with all the pretty girls, it'll help your ego and spirit.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 04:18 PM

It is a great analogy, but experience here on the forum leads me to believe the story would end differently if it paralleled actual relationships...

Most people would come back and may be "softened" by the blow of the cat being dead, but STILL would spend weeks/months/years trying revive the dead thing when it clearly is fine just being... well, dead.
    hazou_afram Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Comment on JBeaucaire's post
    I totally agree with you! Breaks always lead to a break-up.. don't bother yourself waiting 2 weeks then she'll back telling you how much she missed because you ignored her , u'll be happy for a short while then she asks for another break and so on!
    hazou_afram Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2010, 07:29 PM
    If she could stay away 1 day without u.. then it's over!! Don't wait and don't bother yourself thinking a lot!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A break up with a 6 week old invloved [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm a 21 yo male with a problem and I was hopeing sum1 mite be able to help, warning tis mite be a long story but would be gretly appriciated that you read and help if you can... I meet this great chick 18 months ago giv or take, we were working nxt door to each other, we slowly got to...

1 Week Break but Not Broken Up? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, So right now I'm on a "break" not a break up though with my girlfriend. Apparently she just needs some space so she can think and so when we see each other in a week there's an even bigger spark. I guess we've found ourselves in a routine and now its catching up.. as well I use to get...

Girlfriend attacked me this week. Should I break up? [ 30 Answers ]

I need some advice here. My g/f and I have been through a crazy 4 years. It has been a cycle of break up, get back together for those years and when we are apart its no longer than a week. Well my g/f has been nagging, disrespecting me, and treating me like a doormat. Due to this On Saturday...

Girlfriend asked for a 2 week break [ 6 Answers ]

Delete...

View more questions Search