Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phillip_Rock Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 12:03 AM
    My girlfriend wants a break for a week...
    So me & my girlfriend have been together for a 1year & 2months, and we've gone through a lot of bad times but always stuck together. There's this guy that added her on Facebook she been talking to him for a month now & he tried it on with her for the first 3weeks of October 2010 and she kept rejecting, & all of a sudden the guy stopped trying it on and started talking to her normally & then on Saturday (6th November), he says to her she should go to a theme park that he's going to later on that night and she rejects again but says to me if her & him were friends then there's nothing wrong with her & him meeting each other. So she said she would ask him if he likes her or not and if he says no then there's nothing wrong meeting him and of course I argued with her, even my friends tried to talk to her but she just wouldn't listen. Then me & her were getting along fine yesterday (sunday 7th november) & then she brings it up again & still says the same thing to me, we argue again and then before we sleep, she says to me that she wants a break because she wants to focus on her exams that are going on this week,and she says "we are still together, we aint splitting up but i want a full break till friday because i dont want us arguing while my exams are going on and i dont want us to talk, or text eachother till friday ", Why is this? Im confused, is it because she wants to get closer to the other guy? Or is it because she wants to actually focus on her exams without arguing? Give me advice people
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 8, 2010, 03:08 AM
    She's had exam weeks before, right? She wants to check out this other guy, sorry. There isn't a blessed thing you can do about it except wait or say 'I can't tell you what to do, but I (might)(will) not be here when you get back.' Arguing about anything will get you nowhere - she's tempted by his persistence, plain and simple.
    I might even say 'I love you and this hurts but if you really have to go meet a stranger in a big crowded place at least take a girlfriend with you.'
    awayandalone Posts: 92, Reputation: 32

Nov 8, 2010, 03:32 AM
    Sounds fishy to me man. Unless she's requested time away from you for other exam weeks it sounds fishy. I agree with joypulv. There isn't much you can do. Tell her as it is, if she wants to take a break, tell her to enjoy her time away and you may or may not be there when she's done doing whatever. Do not contact her the whole week, guarantee she'll wonder why your not worrying, and even if you are worried deep down. Take this week to spend time with the guys they'll help take your mind off her. Hope it works out bro.
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Nov 8, 2010, 06:21 AM

I agree the both guys a bove me their comment , give her long spcae , don't bother yourself nothing, we going to see about how she feels about the space you giving her , and when that week of exams finishe don't call her , let her talk to you , if she did talk to you then every thing is fine , if she didn't man I say something wrong , and you better fix it up, man I got one thing to say , why in the world you didn't meet up with this guy in the Facebook and teach him lesson to stay away from your girl , first before you do any crazy thing , listen to me what I say , wait for that week , and don't bother yoruself calling her , I know man it's going to hurt you a little bit you going to miss her , so pull yourself together and be strong and watch her moves , because man seriously I don't like the way this girl acting

Nov 8, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Thank you for the advice, thanks people. I really appreciate it, that's exactly what I was thinking joypulv. I hope it works out for the best, I'm missing her like mad, but I got to sit back for this week, & even on Friday, I probably won't even talk to her first. If she cares, she will talk to me first.
    hazou_afram Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2010, 07:19 PM
    Man , I don't want to let you down.. but keep this in your mind . In so many cases the break turns into a break-up , I don't believe in breaks and even in reconciliations. I had a bad experience with this **** . Even if your back together, she will end up again asking for another break. She will get used to the fact that your there always waiting for her! Accept the break for now until she contacts you again.. don't be easy , show her that your confused about the relation after the break and let her come back begging for u! Even if it hurts do it and let the ball in your court! Next time she'll count to 100 for a break.. she will be more honest about what's going on. The exam's thing is bull****. When you love someone you do whatever it takes. Breaks are always the signs for a break-up be wise how you deal with it and don't be so easy! Don't initiate contact, don't show up, and busy yourself with anything like sports, friends, spend more time on yourself. I know your going to feel miserable, but believe me , breaks are like stabbing one in the back!

Dec 5, 2010, 04:34 PM
    It feels like my girlfriend is going to leave me for someone else :/
    I've been with her for 1year and 3months now, everything going good, well until today when somehow I sensed something was wrong she said to me that she feels like I don't trust her as much as I used to, & she's felt like this since September but ignored it so I tried to find out what made her feel this way & she won't tell me till Friday, because she don't want us to argue over it but what is there to argue about? I just want to know what's made her feel that way, because I love her and I do trust her but she seems to think I don't for a number of reasons which I don't know yet.
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Dec 5, 2010, 05:04 PM
    I agree with you in that I don't understand why you can't talk about the issue right now. Does she have plans about going on a trip next weekend? She does seem to be avoiding the question. Playing games, manipulating= red flag here. "Friday? Wow, thanks for communicating with me." That's a huge problem.

Do you have any other evidence that she is going to leave your for someone else?

Dec 5, 2010, 05:22 PM
    Comment on ironhide262's post
    Urm I'm really not sure yet, she does have exams from Monday to Friday, I think she don't want to argue but like as soon as you commented like just now she texted me saying : "im so ill, i wish i was there with you to cuddle up :(" - so its weird man
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Dec 5, 2010, 05:34 PM
    Well, she's ill, everyone likes nurturing when they are ill.
    Anyway, I guess that can be a valid excuse if she has exams all week long but, still why would it be an argument?

Why do you think she is feeling that way. Do you ever feel jelous or insecure, paranoid when she is not around?

I suppose all will be revealed on Friday.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 07:28 AM

Funny how you left the suspicions of the other guy out of your second post, or that you have been worried about satisfying her in bed.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...ms-519459.html

I see two things going on, and they both deal with your insecurity. I think that insecurity, and fear have greatly hampered the way you communicate. Your fear and insecurity also has given you trust issues that you need to handle a whole lot better because anytime a partner needs a week from you to get peace, then you better pay attention, and stop the arguing, and learn to express yourself calmly, and maybe ask some questions, and listen to what's told to you.

I doubt anyone would be so straight, and inform you about what another guy is doing, and have plans to hook up with them behind your back. She could have said nothing, and you would never know what was up! I also see you getting carried away by your own fears, and you must be a lousy listener if you haven't even paid attention to your own female, that you don't know how to satisfy her after more than a year.

That's unacceptable, so calm down and talk to your lady after Friday, and find out what's on her head and be ready to listen, and stay cool, calm, and collected no matter what she says as this week off from you maybe extended, if you resort to arguing, and whining and making this about you instead of about you both, and how you interact with each other. Until then, find other things to do besides worry, but do take time to improve the way you communicate with her.

Heck, she wouldn't need a break from you to relax, and do what she had to do, but for the way you react to what she talks to you about, now would she?
    naomijen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 08:07 PM
    Look man when a person start saying they want time apart is because there thinking of there own self. I know this hurt because I'm going through a smiliar situation.He ask if we can take a week of being together .But I told him one week you better stay where your at cause I isn't taking you back and I don't care about how much I love him and that a promise... I'm worthy. When people can't face up problem together it shows a lot about them. They can't stick through problems... in the long run they leave you hanging

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She said she wants a 2 week break [ 28 Answers ]

Hi, Last night my girlfriend said she wanted to have some time apart. 2 weeks and see how it goes after that. We used to speak 5-6 times a day and see each other almost every day. She said she felt trapped even though I didn't do anything to make her feel trapped. I guess my question is she...

Long distance girlfriend asks for a week break [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for about 8 months. She came directly out of a two year abusive relationship and I got out a 6 year relationship in which I was engaged about 4 months prior to seeing her. We hung out everyday, while we worked together and she lost her job. At that point...

Girlfriend attacked me this week. Should I break up? [ 30 Answers ]

I need some advice here. My g/f and I have been through a crazy 4 years. It has been a cycle of break up, get back together for those years and when we are apart its no longer than a week. Well my g/f has been nagging, disrespecting me, and treating me like a doormat. Due to this On Saturday...

Girlfriend asked for a 2 week break [ 6 Answers ]

Delete...

View more questions Search