Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

Oct 7, 2010, 03:34 PM
    Kitten in my wall!
    It's not a question I just thought the regulars woul like to hear my story.

A couple of nights ago I heard what sounded like a kitten when I was in bed. Didn't think much about it as we usually get birds laying eggs in our roof and thought it was another bird. Then the next day while I was at work mum hears a kitten under the house. She calls the council they can't do anything she calls the RSPCA and they are busy so they give her the number of the cat society.

The cat society takes the kitten while were not home and calls my sister to say they had it. I get home from work and hear the kitten again. When mum
    Gets home she says have you heard a kitten lately? And I said yeah I heard one in your room 5 minutes ago.

Mum realizes then we have 2 so
    We try to call the cat society again but they don't answer all the next day. (which was yesterday). Mum decides to call the fire brigade to ask how she would go about getting a cat out of the wall. The man on the phone says he will be finished work soon so he will come help then.

They come and try take it through the roof but being black it was hard to see. So they cut a hole in my mums wall. And it takes a while but they get the kitten out. I straight away tool it to my boyfriends mums vet. Who checked it over said it was fine but cold. It's a she and completely black! She is being bottle fed by my boyfriends mum.

She was massaging it's privates to make it wee and poop. Poor thing had so much wee and poo inside it every time she wiped something came out! But she is warm now on a hot water bottle and blankets. She is being bottle fed and my boyfriends male cat is snuggling up to it. ( he's good with kittens)

I will post photos tomorrow!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 04:48 PM

That's a great rescue story, aimee. Sounds like your b/f mom knows what to do correctly.

Yes, pics. Please

Tick

Oct 7, 2010, 05:25 PM

Oh and we have already found her a home!
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 06:42 PM

Good for you aimee. You guys are doing a great deed.

Tick
    angelbarn Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 04:14 AM
    That's awesome. I wish that someone would help me and the animals I am trying to rescue that quickly!! Where are you from? Do you have the numbers of who you called? Id like to know where I could call to get ahoold of someone who actually might help me... that actually might help the animals.

Oct 9, 2010, 04:08 PM

Im in Sydney Australia and called the Cats Society the first time and the Fire Brigade the second time

Oct 9, 2010, 04:10 PM

Once I work out how to add pictures ill do it!
    Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 05:45 PM
    [QUOTE=aimee_tt;2561158]Im in Sydney Australia and called the Cats Society the first time and the Fire Brigade the second time[/QUOTE

Wow, aimee, you are so far away, I am near Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Welcome to AMHD and hope you will post more about your adventures.

Ms tickle

Oct 11, 2010, 05:59 PM

A quick update.

Kitten hasn't been pooing much. Has a big fat belly! My Boyfriends mum has been trying to make it go and has given it some medication up its bottom to make it go. It does little poos but not enough.

She thinks she may have to worm him/her soon.

Other than that its going good eyes are completely open now and it likes to move a lot.

I keep saying ill add photos but haven't hehe ill try tonight

Oct 11, 2010, 11:55 PM
    A few photos of the kitten hopefully this works
    Attached Images

Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 02:14 AM

Poor litte thing, aimee ! I hope he/she does okay. It is so young.

Tick

Oct 24, 2010, 04:50 PM

More Kittens!! Yes more kittens in our wall this weekend.

On Saturday day I heard meowing in mums wall. We took out the piece of wall that's was cut out last time. (luckely it was not fixed yet!) But the noise was coming from the other wall and thee was a big thick support beam blocking the kitten getting around the corner. I could put my hand around the corner and feel fur and eventually the kitten was sucking milk (not plain milk what a vet told us to make up) off our fingers. We had to call the fire brigade again and they were here in 5minutes.

They start cutting a hole in the wall and 1 minute later they pull the wall back and there are 2 kittens sitting huddled together!

They were sooooo cute! Me and mum were tempted to keep one but decided not to.

They were covered in gyprock so we tried to wipe it off with a towel and I took them straight tomy boyfriends mum. She fed them gave them a check and they seem to be fine!

They are going to her vets today and will be cared for. They are a little older than the first kitten it seems as they are a little bigger and have teeth where as the first doesn't.

I hope that's the last of them... Mums blocked off the roof so hopefully no more cats can get in there. Its not the fact they are there... It's the holes we have to cut to get then out! Mums going to see if she can catch the mother cat and take it to the vets. Hopefully she can be caught and homed and won't have any more babies in our roof!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling light using existing wall switch that currently controls a wall outlet plug? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bedroom wall outlet plug that is currently switched on/off by an existing wall swtich. I want to set up that switch to turn a new ceiling light on/off and leave the wall plug controlled also by the wall switch. Is this possible and safe to have the existing wall switch control both the...

I have an old wall gas heater that is depositing a plume of gray on the wall above [ 1 Answers ]

This old wall gas heater, about 60's, is depositing a plume of gray on the wall and onto the ceiling above the unit. The service man has already told me that they is nothing that can be done about the soot/discoloration on the walls in the room. He assures me that the gas heater is working...

My Older Kitten hates my new Young Kitten. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. I have a 5month old kitten at home who is usually very affectionate and loving (also spayed) Yesterday I rescued a 9 week old kitten so my eldest would have some company when I'm out at work. I knew they wouldn't get on great at first but my...

Pouring a concrete wall in front of a damaged cinder block wall [ 1 Answers ]

I need to repair a well house that has buckling cinder block walls. The well is below ground with a shed above it. The room is approximately 9' x 8' and 8' tall with cinder block walls and a concrete floor. The block did not have concrete poured in it when it was built, the blocks are beginning...

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

View more questions Search