Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    over_it Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 01:16 AM
    Violation of an Existing Restraining Order
    I have a restraining order against my husband. He keeps violating it and the police are not doing anything about it.

I just learned that he has put very horrible things on the internet about me, which would violate my order.

Can I not file a contempt motion and go back in front of the judge? And can I do this on an ex parte hearing? If so, what forms do I need to file? I live in Los Angeles
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 03:56 AM

What is he doing that the police aren't responding to? If you have a restraining order you can file but your going to need proof. Are they making police reports at all

Jul 10, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I make a report every time, but the detective said that they never do anything about violations, other than take the report. I think California laws are messed up. He emails, he contacts my friends to give me messages and now he has posted these horri
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 08:21 AM

Are you not calling 911 for a officer to come out if and when he is physically violating it.

Or is all his violations internet related

Jul 10, 2010, 08:25 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    No, I have called the police when he threatened my life. However at that point the "mutual" RO was in place so when they had him in cuffs to arrest him, he stated he wanted me arrested for violating his. As the police said there were no witnesses, an

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be prosecuted for HIPPA Violation when a restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can I be prosecuted for HIPPA violations due to breach in security when an individual I had a restraining order on entered the building 3 times? (Security had the order & photo) I have already been suspended without pay pending completion of an investigation.

Violation of restraining order punishment [ 2 Answers ]

What punishment can I expect for violating a harassment restraining order (first offense)?

Restraining order! [ 2 Answers ]

I got my bank account restrained by two different law firms; I planned to go ahead with an income execution if so will the restraining be lifted once I start making the payments? Also will any money go to a restrainer after a certain period? Thanks

Restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone get a restraining order based on a threat?

Can I get a restraining order? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband talks to his exwife every few weeks, just a civil "hey how ya doing" kind of thing. I have no problem with this, as we all grew up going to the sames schools etc. His exwife is in a relationship... the relationship that ended her marriage to my husband (she cheated on him and is still...

View more questions Search