Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adzilla View Post
    plus i feel one thing here. this forum has advisors, both males and females. the females are all taking side of my fiance ignoring the facts that i mentioned in my two questions. how would u measure the fiance of mine after reading my texts? attacking me? just because her attitude has made me think twice on such a relation that was based on purity. ladies i m not trying to bed her, i m trying to fix her, as she is totaly confused
    Hello again,

First off, pease read the rules for AMHD before giving out reddies.

Second, When your title has the word stupid in it calling her stupid, that shows signs of immaturity.

If you want to be taken seriously in here, then act serious.

She doesn't need to be fixed. If you aren't happy with her, the simply leave her, but donot try to fix someone. That's not what a relationship is all about.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 09:13 AM
    to Joseoh, Kit, and J9!

dear three of you! my relationship with her was based on purity. the girl is clearly hanging me in the queue she has put up for herself. right 2 days back she told me she has few good alternate proposals. now would any one tell me if a girl is engaged and she still is looking for an alternate, isnt this a stupid approach? and abt the girls waiting for me? well actualy there are three other girls who deserve more than my current fiance. my parents had thought about them a good time ago. we agreed for my current fiance because in our part of the world WELL OFF people don't give you their duaghter if u refuse to get dovery (Jahaiz we call it) and lower class people can't give you their daughter because they get intimidated as they can't afford dovery. i chose my current fiance (MEHREEN) bacause she is my cousin. i had absolutely no idea that i would have to hear those words "people have their marriages ended up, its just an engagement.". none of the three judges i m quoting here had a word about this stupid sentence of my fiance. i m not a bad guy but your comments prove me to be a very very bad guy. and i feel you three are taking her side in protesting against my word stupid for her. i agree with enigma though. *** help me out whether i should end this engagement or carry on with it. i appreciate your concerns but right now i need advise not taunts
    This post answered my question. This is an arranged marriage and not a love match. It sounds to me like she is unhappy with the match and wants you to call it off because she doesn't feel like she can. You are expecting her to act like a love-sick girl when she isn't and I don't think you love her either.

If you both are unhappy, end it. Either that or sit down with someone outside of either part of the family (preferably a relationship counselor) and discuss the issues. Stop working against each other and start working together.

Please explain what you mean by your title: my stupid fiancé is a politician.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 09:14 AM
    to Joseoh, Kit, and J9!

dear three of you! my relationship with her was based on purity. the girl is clearly hanging me in the queue she has put up for herself. right 2 days back she told me she has few good alternate proposals. now would any one tell me if a girl is engaged and she still is looking for an alternate, isnt this a stupid approach? and abt the girls waiting for me? well actualy there are three other girls who deserve more than my current fiance. my parents had thought about them a good time ago. we agreed for my current fiance because in our part of the world WELL OFF people don't give you their duaghter if u refuse to get dovery (Jahaiz we call it) and lower class people can't give you their daughter because they get intimidated as they can't afford dovery. i chose my current fiance (MEHREEN) bacause she is my cousin. i had absolutely no idea that i would have to hear those words "people have their marriages ended up, its just an engagement.". none of the three judges i m quoting here had a word about this stupid sentence of my fiance. i m not a bad guy but your comments prove me to be a very very bad guy. and i feel you three are taking her side in protesting against my word stupid for her. i agree with enigma though. *** help me out whether i should end this engagement or carry on with it. i appreciate your concerns but right now i need advise not taunts
    Due to this new information ,
    I need to change a few things that I posted earlier.

I don't think she is playing you.
    I think it is more likely she doesn't like you.
    But feels she has to go through with the arrangement .

I understand you have different customs and I
    Don't really understand much about it.

And you may not be a bad guy , but here
    When a man calls his fiancé stupid , he is usually
    Considered a bad guy because it is rude, and
    Uncalled for to call anyone names.

And if you call her names and treat her badly,
    Why would she want to marry you?

It seems to me that neither one of you
    Really want to do this.
    I recommend you don't.
    Marriage Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 09:19 AM

Please do not use chat speak. It is against site rules: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/faq.ph...#faq_faq_rules

Use the best English you are capable of. "Chat speak", all caps, lack of punctuation, etc. can be annoying, and will frequently result in the post being either unanswered or removed.

Please review the rules for use of the agree/disagree feature:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum-...nes-24951.html
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 09:23 AM
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    This post was done before I understood the entire situation and it is not correct.
    This is an arrangement between families for these two to marry.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2010, 11:31 AM

Hey slick, I just quoted YOUR OWN words. If this is an arranged marriage, then no wonder she has cold feet. She probably feels cheated, like she lost the "raffle of life partners".

Oh well, pull from the queue.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 11:56 AM

Or start your own "Harem".. just saying.:rolleyes:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 11:56 AM
    We need an "Arranged marriages in India" forum.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 07:14 PM

adzilla disagrees : Behind her back? Do I have to bring her up here? It's a discussion forum to discuss family and personal matters. Are you advising me??
    Yes, I'm advising you. I'm advising you to stop being so conceited that you think you are all that. She might just learn to like you.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 07:18 PM

And we want to hear about your relationship and how to solve it.

We don't want to hear about all the women beating down your door and throwing themsellves at you begging for your attention.

So talk about your ex and you.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2010, 07:09 AM
    plus i feel one thing here. this forum has advisors, both males and females. the females are all taking side of my fiance ignoring the facts that i mentioned in my two questions. how would u measure the fiance of mine after reading my texts? attacking me? just because her attitude has made me think twice on such a relation that was based on purity. ladies i m not trying to bed her, i m trying to fix her, as she is totaly confused
    The last time my wife checked, I was a man, so let's get that straight up front. And I'm not "attacking" you. If you come on this site, and call your fiancé a "stupid politician", and then say that there has "always been a queue" of ladies from which to draw from, then you're going to get held to task. From where I sit you sound like a tool who doesn't have a clue of the opposite sex.

Women are truly beautiful creatures. In my opinion, God's greatest creation, from head to toe. You cannot change them, or try to figure them out. What you can do is this, respect them, and love them the way that they are. If you're having trouble trying to make a girl like you, or be how you want her to be, then you'd be better off rowing a boat with a piece of rope, upstream.

Maybe you should talk to some wise man from your own culture. Find one with a wife, and one who has a smile on his face, and pick his brain for the answers that you seek.

You get what you give.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 04:54 PM

Seems your lady has other choices besides you, and her mom with be the one to chose so you can always bow out gracefully and seek a better situation and a love partner instead of going with the local custom. That's probably what I would do.

That's better than the unrealistic, skewed perspective you have now.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 05:50 PM
    There are different pressures, and expectations, many imposed at birth, on the future wife/husband that will be chosen for babies born in India. It isn't as simple as choosing an arranged marriage, over a so-called love marriage.

We have had many, many posts over the tremendous pressure both women and men go through to agree to arranged marriages. Many of these people are well educated, well travelled, and know the ways of the world and other cultures, but are not truly free to decide their futures as far as a husband/wife goes.

I think we should be a little more sympathetic of those cultures that dictate social norms and expectations, that have gone on for thousands of years. We are not seeped in it, live it, or understand it. It is what it is, and who are we to judge.

Much of what I read of the OP's posts, seem to be one foot in the old world, and one foot in the new. He can kick up as much fuss as he wants to, but he is still heavily influenced by centuries of custom that will shape his view, no matter what he says, or how he comes across; and that includes women, women's roles, expectations, and arrangements between families.

I agree, that perhaps there should be a place within AMHD, where these problems associated with arranged marriages can better be addressed.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Sep 1, 2010, 06:22 AM

adzilla, I am sorry I haven't had the time to visit this web site over the past few days and continue with our discussion.

I completely understand what you are saying. Please understand that customs are different in the Western world. People here are upset with you over the words you are using to express your frustration with your fiancé. We are very sensitive to someone using what we view as terrible words to describe a person they are supposed to be in love with. Because most of us here have never encountered arranged marriages, we don't understand they aren't usually about love matches. We don't have the same expectations from our children that Eastern cultures do. Here, a family's success, pride, hope, and wealth is NOT dependent upon the sons in the family as it is in India. Most of us don't treat our sons and daughters differently here. The son's worth is not more than the daughter's. That is a very important distinction between our two cultures. So, I hope you understand.

I do understand what you are stating here about dovery. We call it a dowry here and it doesn't carry any importance anymore. Most of the younger people don't even know what it is. That custom has fallen completely out of use in the U.S.A. for at least a century with the people who have been born and raised here.

Reading about your current problem, it sounds as if the engagement hasn't actually been formally announced.? I certainly hope that is the case because it will make what I am about to suggest to you much easier for you. I am very much inclined to encourage you to speak with your parents about breaking this off with your cousin. Based upon what you have written, I am not completely certain whether she wants this marriage or not. However, you do need to think in terms of the fact that if you are having major communication problems with each other now, what will happen in the future? Courtship is supposed to be the fun and easy time in a relationship. Marriage, staying married and happy, is the hard part. Once we are married we have to constantly work on our relationship to ensure that we, as a couple, are united in our goals and expectations, among many other things. Right now, it sounds as if you and your fiancé are not mentally compatible and I fear it may only grow worse over time. Better to break it off now than live with a lifetime of regrets. My opinion is this: I think you need to find someone whose thought processes and outlook on life are in line with yours.
    adzilla Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 12:53 PM
    My fiancé acts strange again
    Hi all
    Its me adzilla again. I had been in contact with people here. I had issues with my fiancé that clearly depicted that she doesn't take our relation seriously. Now in her latest act, sh told me to mind my language when I called her MY LOVE. Ever since our engagement she has been pumping me that she can't talk to me and that I shouldn't take her serious. Then often she declared that its just a relation that can easily break as people now a days lose their marriages even. Now that she wants me to mind my language if I show her affection and love, its becoming apparent that she is dragging both of us. I have removed her from my Facebook and messenger. I don't know what's going to happen next but I think she is acting weird and her heart is not sincere in this relation.
    Anticipating help
    adzilla
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 25, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Then you don't recognize someone who is playing games with you. If she is, she is not serious any longer, so why do you still call her your fiancé ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2010, 01:35 PM

She isn't acting weird, she doesn't really want to marry you because you are a stranger in her life, and she is just going along with her family, because marriage to you is what they want.

If you cannot form a connection with this female, why are you still there? To please your own family of course, because they want you to marry her.
    Marriage Expert

Sep 25, 2010, 02:20 PM
    adzilla, I think this comes down to your expectations and feelings not being the same.

How do you feel about her?

Why are you marrying her?

What are your expectations for the engagement?

What are your expectations for the marriage?

Have you asked her why she is marrying you? If so, what did she say?
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Sep 25, 2010, 02:49 PM

Be glad she doesn't know you called her stupid - and not sure why, a politician too.

She is acting in passive-aggressive manner as it is obvious she doesn't want to marry you - for whatever reason - but doesn't dare to challenge her family openly.

So she tries to make you break it off with her so it won't be her fault and her family won't blame her. Please do her and yourself a huge favor and end this circus - unless you feel like pushing yourself onto unwilling female is a great start to a long term happy marriage.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 25, 2010, 05:05 PM
    Comment on jmjoseph's post
    I absolutely love you for that ensightful reply, jm. You reply so much from the heart of your true nature. Your wife is a lucky person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fianc? And I fight all the time... help me stop it [ 8 Answers ]

He asked me to marry him in August and I cried and said yes. I am so excited to have our life together. There are so many stresses in our life right now however and I think that is the root cause of our fighting. We are tight on money, both attending post secondary education (myself a double...

Fianc? Needs space and her own time [ 9 Answers ]

I have been engaged for 8 months now... my fiancé and I have had little problems like communication and such, butn othing serious. Recently, her grandmother was given less than a week to live due to cancer. Also, she has had a dui, tons of bills to pay and let her bodygo a little. She said she...

How can my fiance' adopt my daughter by the time we are married? [ 9 Answers ]

My fiance' and I just got engaged and he asked me if it was possible for him to adopt my daughter by the time we are married (Spring of 2010). Her father is not on the birth certificate because I am not 100% sure who her father is(please don't judge). The two possibilities took off when I got...

New Baby, seems fianc? Only wants part time family [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, <my Fiancé and I had a baby in Sept he is 4 months old and going through this phase of not wanting to sleep anywhere but in mommy's arms so all day while trying to cook supper, do dishes and laundry and taking care of my fiance's crazy dog who wakes baby up, I'm trying to get baby to sleep...

My fiancŽ asked me for time after 4 years relationship [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys , we both are 24 years old. I met her 4 years ago over the internet and we fell in love. She loved me a lot, she was there for me She did everything right and I did everything wrong during the first 3 years. I made her cry a lot ( I was jealous, I talked to other girls and I used to yell...

View more questions Search