Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amazingchicka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
    confused
    Ok so me and my x boyfriend are best friends, and we flirted shamelessly ( he more so than me) before we went out. We liked each other for months and he finally asked me out but he broke up with me after a week saying he didn't feel anything when he pecked me on the lips at a football game. He's flirting with me again and acting like he likes me, but then again he's a very flirtatious person, how do I tell if he really likes me when he constantly flirts with me, and acts like it but then tells my friends when theyask that he only likes me as a friend? I really want him back I just don't have any idea what to do.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Sep 18, 2010, 10:50 AM

Flirting or no flirting, he told you in no uncertain terms he didn't feel anything when he tried to kiss you. Please believe him and don't let him involve you in silly games.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 01:27 PM

You do nothing, and don't take his flirting seriously, and you move beyond him to other, more important options, and opportunities.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2010, 01:32 PM

He's already told you that he feels nothing for you, so back away quickly and don't be flirting with him!
    Askingquestion Posts: 24, Reputation: 8

Oct 5, 2010, 09:31 PM
    Coming from someone who ignored the idea of not feeling anything special when I kissed someone—I'd take that seriously. From my experience, that's one of the easiest ways to tell if there's the deeper connection. I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for four years, and I don't feel that spark and I never have. And after spending all this time with her, it's finally one of the main things that is making me question our relationship.

So, unless my experience has been unique, I'd recommend saving yourself the pain down the road and avoiding a relationship with him if he's not feeling the connection. Even if you do get together, you couldn't be sure that he'd ever be able to develop that connection with you.

And a lot of guys just flirt because it boosts their confidence. Flirting with a girl who responds well is like checking the temperature of the water. If they respond well, you know you *could* have a chance, but you may not necessarily be interested in taking them up on that offer. Some guys need the constant reassurance, and have fun seeing the confirmation all the time. So I don't want to sound harsh, but I wouldn't read too deeply into flirting, other than an easier way for you to test the waters yourself by seeing how far someone will go if you return the flirting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

Really confused on what to do. [ 95 Answers ]

First of all this will be my first post here and just wanted to say Hi and thanks in advance. Well here's my problem I have been dating my girlfriend for about 1.5 years and things have been good and it's been up and like any relationship. Through out our relationship she has lived with me and...

I'm confused [ 3 Answers ]

I really like this lad. He can be a right a**hole but he can't be sweet. I think he likes me. He way he looks at me, but I think he is hiding it because his mates are taking the mick out of me because I like him, and I think he don't want them to take the mick out of him for liking me. I'm...

Confused about what he wants? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello I am new to this site! I will try to make this a s short as possible! I am 23 years old and my on/off boyfriend is 20. We have been on and off for the past 15 months. At the start of the relationship me and (ill call him ben) were inseparable , our relationship was almost perfect! We saw...

Very confused [ 4 Answers ]

Having been separated for nearly three years,my concern is and always has been to be certain that my three children needs are met. Although having the child support payments reduced, I sometimes struggle to make the full payment each month.I haven't heard or seen my children in over one year, but...

View more questions Search