Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Sep 9, 2010, 05:08 PM
    A Guy and A Girl
    Hi everyone! Well I'm in 7th grade and I like this boy named "E." I can tell that he likes me because he always looks at me and he's always talking me. The problem is this has been going on for about 2 weeks and I don't know what to do. I get nervous every time I see him. He is a very smart guy and I'm a very smart girl so I know what's right and what's wrong. But I just don't know what to do. Should I say something or should I just say nothing. If you want to know he's Caucasian (sorry I don't know how to spell that) and I'm african american. But he is very nice. I told my mom about him and she's kind of shakey cause he's Caucasian. I don't see anything wrong with that but could you guys help me! Thanks!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 05:18 PM

Give it time Radio. I know you're smart so maybe your mom will let you bring him over to watch a movie. You're young and so is he so no smoochie, smoochie or kissy face.

Stay friends and when you're in High School maybe a sophomore you'll be old enough to date.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 05:21 PM
    First off: "I dont see anything wrong with that." Good for you!
    Secondly, if you like him, and you think he likes you, ask him out. I don't know what your resources are, but maybe you could go to a movie, take a trip around the mall, or just eat lunch together.
    It's good that you want your mother's approval, but if her only negative towards the subject is race then there should be no reason why you can't.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 09:23 PM
    Just my opinion, but I see plenty wrong with dating, having a boyfriend, and/or pursuing a boyffiend, in 7th grade.

I know I'm probably out of step, but as a parent myself, I just wouldn't allow it at that age. Friendships yes, a group of kids, of course. But dating exclusively? Uh... no.

I hope that your mother has more reasons for you not to date, than simply the colour of his skin.
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Sep 10, 2010, 05:40 PM

Thank you guys so much! Well today I was really nervous so I didn't say anything. But Monday I will just give him hints that I like him and say hi and tell you how it goes! Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What movie where a guy in a horse rescues girl? It's raining and the girl is pissed. [ 1 Answers ]

I can't quite remember but I hope you guys can help me :) The scene is like this.. It's raining and the girl in the car.. she is stopped by a squad of a kind of an animal.. she can't go on then she is saved by a guy riding in a horse... :)

Sci fi show with a guy and a girl sort of a police station guy, dwarf always fighting [ 2 Answers ]

Sci-fi TV show series on 1ce a week it was an agency like the police guy and dwarf always fighting on the floor rolling young alburn headed gal captain always grumpy

Girl and Guy [ 5 Answers ]

Girl wrongs the guy throughout the whole relationship by lying and taking him for granted and even admits to both, and wants to do whatever it takes to fix those things, but instead starts talking to someone else and ends the relationship and starts dating this other person. Girl tries to contact...

Who is the Guy and Who is the Girl? [ 11 Answers ]

I am a gal that thinks like a guy , I love sports baseball, football, golfing, I am going to the ducks -wild game tonight! But I just recently broke up with a boyfriend, I was sad for the first two weeks but I tend to do that with most relationships. I don't get caught up in sad could have would...

View more questions Search