Ask
    ronmeier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 06:01 PM
    How do you remove moisture from dual paned window
    Home maintenance
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 08:20 PM

If you do some Googling, you'll get some answers. They aren't easy.

I have 3 panels that have this problem. My plan is to drop off the double hungs to the manufacturer which is < 10 miles away after making arrangements to do so and pick the up fixed later in the day for about $80 total.

The other is a Bow and will require a service call because the window doesn't come out easy. Cost about $80 for this window alone.

They will replace the glass.
    Robert Gift Posts: 100, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2010, 04:56 AM

Anything *I* can do to remove the moisture? Can't afford to have anyonelse do it?
    I am thinking of drilling a hole at the bottom and pushing some desiccant up inside.

At leasthe water is "distilled" water and should leave no residue.

Other ideas?
    Thank you.

Robert
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 05:45 AM

I have the same problem and I was considering the same solution of drilling a hole. However I was told by an expert window washer that this can cause shattering of the window as it is the same non shatter type that is in your windshield in your car. Consider saving up and have a professional do it.

Stringer
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 05:46 PM

If the glass is marked "tempered" don't do it. It will explode into 1000 pieces. Even regular glass is almost impossible to drill. The seal in the windows has deteriorated and air is getting in. Either replace the glass or live with the water. Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I eliminate moisture between panes of a large picture window? [ 3 Answers ]

This window has three 9' x 6' plate glass panes separated by about a one inch space. Between the outer pane and the middle pane there is a lot of moisture and the outer pane fogs up frequently. There is a breather tube (about 1/2 inch) drilled into the wood spacer between each set of panes (two...

How to calculate quantity of heat required to remove moisture [ 0 Answers ]

A food containing 80% water to be dried at 100c down to moisture content of 10%. If the initial temp of food is 21c... calculate quantity of heat energy required to remove moisture per unit raw material.

Moisture between window panes [ 3 Answers ]

I have been told that moisture between the panes of insulated glass windows can be eliminated by drilling small holes att he top and bottom of the pane to allow air circulation. Any ideas? And if the condition has existed for a long time... will an interior stain remain? Thanks

Moisture between panes of glass in thermal window [ 4 Answers ]

The previous owner of my house stupidly let moisture build up between the two panes of glass in several thrmal window units. Does anyone have any suggestions for drying this moisture short of dismantling the entire unit? Any help will be appreciated.:)

View more questions Search