Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfleaff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 10:33 AM
    Why do guys say I love you a lot?
    I don't know why my boyfriend keeps on saying it like 100 times an hour.I know that he loves me a lot but after a while it gets creepy.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 10:49 AM

It may be what he is thinking and feeling at the time and the words just pop out.

He may be trying to convince himself and you of how he feels. He may be trying to get you to say the words more often. He may think that you want to hear it a lot.

Some guys rarely say the words. Some say them a lot.

If you have a problem with it, talk to him about it. Let him know you understand he loves you and he doesn't have to keep telling you quite so often.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfleaff View Post
    i don't know why my boyfriend keeps on saying it like 100 times an hour.i know that he loves me alot but after a while it gets creepy.

What would you prefer? That he never says he loves you, that he says it less often?

Maybe he's trying to convince himself that he loves you, not trying to convince you.
    BWK10 Posts: 127, Reputation: 34

Jul 2, 2010, 03:19 PM

I'll tell you this, I am usually the same way. It's more of a way to show we REALLY care, but it's also us trying to get reassurance that you still love us back. It's more of an insecurity in us, at least that's how it was to me
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 03:44 PM

I absolutely agree that it could come from a place of insecurity, but I also think people say "I love you" a lot to convince themselves that they do.
    BWK10 Posts: 127, Reputation: 34

Jul 2, 2010, 03:46 PM

Possibly, but that wasn't the case with me. I'm just saying theoretically. I didn't have to convince myself that I loved my ex, cause I know with all my heart I was full head over in heels in love with her. I just, lacked insecurity in myself and wanted her to say I love you back all the time so I knew she still cared.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 03:47 PM

I'm in agreement - yours was a good answer from personal experience.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 03:51 PM
    Hi, wolfleaff!

Do you tell him that you love him in return?

Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 09:23 PM

Tell him it creeps you out, and ask him why he does it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I still Love my Boyfriend a lot after he doesn't? [ 3 Answers ]

So,I had a boyfriend we were together for 9 months and we broke up,3 months ago. We started talking and became friends but then we had a huge fight and he said He's out of my life I have to smile.Then I told him he's dead to me,but the thing is I miss him so much,and I have to look into he's...

I love her a lot I think she loves me too but she said to me that she love other [ 2 Answers ]

Ilove her a lot I think she loves me too but she told me that she love some one else but she talk to me through phone she told me soon get married to some other person & she stop talking to me.

Old dog poops and pees a lot a lot a lot [ 4 Answers ]

I just rescued a very old dalmatian from my neighbors she has tumors all over Her body and she is very thin . I started her on good food. I feed her a cup in a half a day And water is always available. She poops so much 5 times a day? I keep my dogs in the sun room at night when we get up there...

If someone wants a break! This will benefit a lot of guys.will be hard. [ 2 Answers ]

Its taken me a hell of a long time and a lot of posts to realise this but if you ex asks you for a break , break up or whatever you should not even ask for the reason or not even want to know the reason. This may sound stupid and some people may say well I want to know why they want to have the...

View more questions Search