Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 05:42 PM
    Miami Trip
    All right... SO my boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Miami Florida.

He makes a lot of money. I make pennies. He's fully aware that I make nothing.

Last year, he and I went to San Diego, Cali. He paid for the trip, which was about $600, I was to pay him back. Few months after we return, I had a medical dog emergency that cost almost $300. I had all but $80. He offered to pay and I was to pay him back. I gave him the money I had, which was on a preloaded debit card. He declined and stated that he doesn't have anything he'd want to buy at the moment for that amount. So he gave my card back. Feb rolls around, he pays for my flight to Las Vegas Nv... I was to pay him back.

During a discussion some time ago, he and I both agreed that I would pay him back by paying for the trip to Miami. I didn't mind. I agreed to it.

I found a condo that was $700 for the week we want to be there.

Apparently... purchasing the week condo isn't paying him back. Instead, he wants me to pay him back and pay for the trip??

In my mind, that's almost like he took someone out for dinner. For payback the person he took out took him out for dinner. In my boyfriends mind, does that mean that he wants to be taken out for dinner AND paid back the money he initially spent??

He talks like he's right and that what I'm thinking is silly. That if I pay for the Condo, split in half, itd only be $350 per person. But, he and I are not splitting the cost for the condo.. I'm paying for it all. Which, in my mind, that would be paying him back since he would not have to worry about where we stay. I then stated, he should pay for the flights and we'd split the cost of the car. He didn't agree. He's still stuck on how if I paid for the condo, he'd never be paid back because he'd, in the end, be paying for the condo. Even though its coming out of my pocket, not his.

So then I offered I pay for the condo and my flight. He can pay for his own flight and we can split the car cost, or maybe he can pay for the car. Still a no-go.

Our san diego trip was a lot cheaper then this trip. Its almost like he wants me to pay for EVERYTHING.. Which, will total out to be close to $2000.

I just can't simply afford to pay for the trip AND pay him back. I would have paid him back earlier, but I was under the impression that I would just pay $700 towards our Miami trip. But apparently, I'm wrong?

Is this ridiculous? Quite honestly, if he doesn't want the $700 I owe him to go to the trip, he needs to say so. Because this makes absolutely no sense to me.

And furthermore. He was gripping about the additional costs of buying each thing individually, instead of a travel package. The hotel I found that was beach front would only be $560 per person. So, with his thinking in mind, I still wouldn't have him paid in full.

Ugh! Guys are so confusing!
    crystal_2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

May 10, 2010, 05:49 PM

Simple. Pay him back for what you owe him and split half the costs of the trip to Miami.
    cindyhannah1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 08:49 AM
    And weird. I agree with you if your going to pay for the condo, your flight and posiblly the car I say don't take the trip just pay him back the money and leave him I mean that's nice of him to give you that money but if he wants you to pay for the trip and pay him back the money he's just crazy. Do want you with him but to me break up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Miami tips [ 2 Answers ]

Me and a friend of mine wanted to go to miami this summer. Does anyone have any tips about must-seen or must-have-been places? Thanks a lot. By the way, we're students who go to have a good time, just so you know we're not looking for museums or anything;)

Miami Vice [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me who recorded a remix version of Crockett's theme, I know there's been a few but I think this one was in the past couple of years. The beginning starts with talking on a police car radio, then during the music a guy kind of talks/sings, I can't remember the exact lyrics, but...

Rental Gowns In Miami, Fl [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am getting married with the love of my life next year around July 14 -this would be my 2nd marriage-i have boughten a dress on my last marriage and really don't know were to put it (thats the thing with buying a gown, you only really need to use it once and that's it)-This time I would like...

Choking in Miami [ 2 Answers ]

Dear wise men or women, Every time my two daughters take a shower in their bathroom up the line from my bathroom,mine is last on the line next to septic line, the toilet in my bathroom starts to bubble up,quickly rise, sometimes overflowing. With all this action comes a strong sewer gas smell. We...

View more questions Search