Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gg92781 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 09:15 AM
    Why did my hair turn blond?
    This is weird but, I had my virgin, dark brown hair highlighted. Why did it turn blond instead of red? Everyone was shocked. Does this have to do with my genetics or was this just a freakish occurrence?
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 19, 2010, 12:09 PM

Which colour of dye did you use? Was it done at a salon or at home?
    funkypinnaple Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 12:30 PM

Mabie, if it was at home, you kept the dye in a bit 2 long.
    And also if you did it at home sometimes you have to bleach before you colour.
    For example, if you die black hair red wiv just the red hair die it can sometimes turn green.
    gg92781 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 08:43 PM
    I had my hair colored at the salon. The stylists all thought that my hair would turn red or orange but instead, it was yellow. Not bleach blond yellow but a golden corn color. They did not leave in the lightener too long because it was in 8 minutes and at first they thought it would take longer. Since they were expecting red, they planned to tone it down to the color I wanted, but, the blond was unexpected. I was just curious for future reference. They told me that my hair takes color very well and that it did the complete opposite of everything they expected. Based on other things I read, I thought my hair would have changed to red as well. Hope this helps. Thanks.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 06:11 AM

I've seen other people with dark brown hair end up with blonde highlights. I think it just depends on the undertones which seem to be inherited.

I have dark brown hair, but have a lot on Native American Indian in the family, so those black undertones always turn out red.

Were you wanting to be red?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wants blond & black hair w/ roots all blond. [ 3 Answers ]

So the issue is is that a few months ago, I'm estimating about 6 -8, I wanted to put a blond patch in my hair with purple tips. But the blond turned gray.so we did again and it turned a lighter grey and then we put in the purple tips and it looks plumish. I was upset about it so my mom went to get...

Blond hair to brown hair and green again [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair the lightest blond I can find for about 15 years. I wanted to get back to my original colour a dirty blond or light brown (it's been awhile). So I bought a brown dye and put it on. As it washes out it is looking a little green. Should I dye it the same colour again or...

How do I get my blond hair back? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a natural blond and every 6 mo. Or so I have lowlts and highlts done. The last time I went she didn't give me enough contrast and I thought it was way to light. Four weeks ago I went to my stylist and requested darker lowlts to give me more depth. What a mistake. Instead of giving me...

Brown hair to blond hair [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I'm a brown haired girl and I really want to change it to blond because I think personally that brown hair looks greasier but I really want to go blond so what should I do? :)

Blond Hair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tone hair that is too blonde?

View more questions Search