Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2010, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzellz112 View Post
    lol don't that look caked on......which sunscreen do you use?
    Whatever's available. And it doesn't. Because I let it soak in first
    Dizzellz112 Posts: 154, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2010, 03:50 PM

Hey but a person has to have some sun exposure... in order to make vitamin D...
    Link - As low levels of vitamin D are linked to a growing range of health problems... Could sunshine save your life? | Mail Online
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Apr 16, 2010, 12:24 AM

@dizzel - no matter how much you avoid the sun even with sunblock unless your just a night bird and sleep in the day, you will get sunrays.

That's good enough plus drink lots of milk which helps synthesise Vitamin D.

You should be sorted that way . Supplements of Vit D suck!
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Apr 16, 2010, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzellz112 View Post
    hey but a person has to have some sun exposure...in order to make vitamin D.......
    Link - As low levels of vitamin D are linked to a growing range of health problems... Could sunshine save your life? | Mail Online
    You have to bake for hours under the sun to get vitamin D, the amount you get from the sun not worth the damage caused to the skin.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 08:25 AM

I do want to say that I have EXTREMELY low levels of vitamin D. My doctor was actually amazed at the number. The recommended level is 75. The "normal" level is in the 50s. My vitamin D level is 6.

I can't stand the taste of milk, so I don't drink it, and I have a job that keeps me indoors for much of the daylight hours.

I have endometriosis and PCOS, and suffer from depression--all of which are being linked back to low vitamin D levels.

I would honestly consult with a doctor if I were trying to lighten my skin and needed to avoid the sun, just to make sure that you're not hurting yourself by lowering your vitamin D to critical levels.

Apr 17, 2010, 10:03 AM

Are vitmain D supplements useful?
    Expert

Apr 17, 2010, 11:19 AM

I'm on supplements now--but they're prescribed, and the amounts are extreme. I wouldn't want to tell you whether they'd make a huge difference in over-the-counter amounts----I'd really advise that you ask your doctor about that.

Apr 17, 2010, 04:26 PM

Vitamin D Supplements do not get absorbed well in the body.

The best way to ever get Vitamin D is to take the really early morning sun.

Milk is another food that has it in large quantities but this form of Vitamin D is also not as good as the sun rays/

Vitamin D is the only Vitamin which cannot be supplemented well through food.

Apr 18, 2010, 06:39 AM

How do you absorb vitamin D?
    Expert

Apr 18, 2010, 03:03 PM

Your body uses sunlight to convert it.

It's in very, very few foods. Supplements can help, but supplements are generally not a good way to get ANY nutrient--your body just does not absorb it as well.

Apr 18, 2010, 03:16 PM

@ synnen - I agree !
    W17chc124f7 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jun 13, 2010, 08:31 PM

Oh nice, All monobenzone users are vampires :D
    Notsosnowwhite Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 07:59 AM

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks crazy during summer. I stay completely covered up, long thick pants, long sleeves, and I wear driving gloves while I'm driving to keep that pesky sun away from my hands. My mom says I look nuts but I don't really give a damn, it's worth it to salvage your skin.

I wear at least an spf 55 sunblock, and a sunblock moisturizer for my face. Sunglasses, haha I'm the type of person you'll see walking out in the scorching heat with my hoodie over my head.
    n0username Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2010, 02:34 PM

It is really depressing when you are working hard on your skin lightening, get 5 minutes of hot sun, come home, wash your face , look in the mirror, and see you have darkened. I just bought a new UV parasol. And I wear sunblock. I dress heavily in summer too. I try especially to cover my neck.
    wantolight Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2012, 11:14 PM
    Sara_UK , I really need your help , can you tell me where you get your monobenzone powder? Please , can you help me? Or you can sell to me at a higher price? I just need the real thing

Thanks
    I await your reply
    Deli

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Aquarius sun, moon in virgo + sun in scorpio, moon in sagittarius [ 11 Answers ]

The title says it all, I'm curious what the relationship between myself, an female aquarius sun with my moon in virgo and someone I'm seeing who's sun is in scoprio and his moon is in sagittarius. We both are right in the middle of our sun signs, meaning neither of us are on the cusp of...

How many sun spots are on sun today? [ 2 Answers ]

Today's number of sun spots?

View more questions Search