Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bagiannya Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 02:39 PM
    He doesn't want a relationship
    Hi,
    I and my friend have been so close that we cannot separate between friendship and love any more. From my site, I love him. That is not because of no reason. He made me fall in love to him. He is a great man. A nice and smart one, the most important he is humorous. We proceeded for a relationship called frendship with romance in between. He often said nice words of romance to me. I tried to figure out what it is about; does he love me or not? I become confused with his feeling. It has been 7 years. These days I become closer and closer. As it is closer, he tried to be away a bit. He does not really want when I say lets stop and no for everything also friendship. He suggested just a greater distance. The reason is he becomes aggressive (grumpy) when someone becomes closer to him. He said he is afraid I expect more that He can and want to give, and he also said that He think he will not marry anyone in his life. I don't understand him. He said many nice words, calls, etc.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 02:52 PM

Then you need to separate yourself.
    He does not want romance and marriage.
    If you want to continue the friendship, set boundaries. No romancing.
    If he wants to have the romance, tell him he can't have it both ways.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 04:39 PM

Why would you waste 7 freakin' years on a guy who doesn't want what you want?? I don't get it!

His words and actions don't seem to match up to me.
    realman71 Posts: 13, Reputation: 6

Jun 11, 2010, 08:26 PM

7 years! Wow1 he is just keeping you around for comfort and the fact that he can because you allow it. Have some respect for yourself and tell him to put up or shut up. He is playing a game with you and unfortunately you are playing it too. You don't have to!

Jun 12, 2010, 12:28 AM

Now, we are working in making a greater distance. He said leave alone and space, he is feeling that I become closer to his life; while he does not want it. I am not really sure whether he really does not want it, because He still say he will nice to me if I leave him alone for a while. He still promise a contact, he said, he insist on making contact after that when I asked for a bear hug for a total goodbye. He did not want to give.

Working on towards casual friends. It has been only two days. I find very difficult and sad myself, because I cannot throw him away from my mind.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 06:34 AM

Well you need to throw him away.
    This relationship has not gotten anywhere in 7 years, it's going no further.
    He will give you a taste on his terms, that is not cool.
    Respect yourself and walk away from him. Totally away.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 12, 2010, 07:50 PM

If you haven't made any progress in this relationship after 7 years then sorry to say you won't be going anywhere near the altar.

Let him go he's as good as told you he doesn't want a long term relationship or any relationship of any worth.

Jun 12, 2010, 09:24 PM

Dear All,
    Thank you. I will try to forget and leave him; though it is very sick. I left him a message with all sequential stories we passed together. I hope he will remember them all; twice he wants me to say I love you to hear from my mouth. 6 years we had in long distance. Only 1 year I and he have been close physically. He changed the last 3 months; at the same time I have problems with my family pressing to get married soon. I told him about him when I was feeling sad making me cry (he called it hysteric). Sincethen, he changed he created the distance, while having the problem with my family I was wondering what happened to him related to me. I never asked him to marry me; though I love him but he is feeling that I am pushing him to do that. I never felt so; though I expected. I said to him if I made him thinking and grumpy please throw me away from your mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never been in a relationship [ 15 Answers ]

Im 17 years old and have not had a girl friend, I'm a junior in high school now I know that I shouldn't be woring about this right now but I don't know why latley I just been feeling lonely :( Like is there something wrong with or something, like no girls like me, like even when I ask a girl to...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

I don't want to be in a relationship [ 12 Answers ]

Hello First of all, although my username sounds boyish, I am actually a 31 year old girl. About a month ago I ended a year long relationship with the best boyfriend I've ever had. I found him attractive, funny and intellectual. I have been miserable for a while now, since a friend passed away,...

What relationship should I go for? [ 32 Answers ]

Hey all! As some of you possibly know I resently broke up with my girlfriend. No I just have one question. Many people here have told me to MOVE ON! And I have! :D Not to a new girl or anything yet but I will... in time :) But I dicided not to make any uneeded contact with her for a...

View more questions Search