Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MMSR01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 08:35 PM
    Should I tell her?
    Im 19 years old, still live with my mom. I just lost my virginity and I don't know if I should tell my mom about it. She is very conservative and old fashioned and I don't want her to hate me or even kick me out. Should I tell her or should I just wait a little before talking to her about it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2010, 08:44 PM
    Was it a bad situation and the police need to be called or you need a counselor? If not, even though you live with her, you are over 18 and entitled to privacy.

I have a mother like that (she's pushing 90), and, looking back now in my old age, if I were in your shoes, such a revelation might do more harm than good, so I'd be very careful about what and how much I would tell her.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 25, 2010, 07:48 AM

I don't see how it is any of her business. It is up to you who you tell.

That being said, she might find out by other means. IE, a creaky bed, discarded condom, or something like that. It might hit the fan at that point.

It's your body, and your life. You are only obligated to the people you want to.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 25, 2010, 09:00 AM

Don't have sex in her house and it isn't any of her business.

Quite frankly, I think you should be able to talk to your mother about what you are doing with your life. Especially if she is the one paying for your health care and insurance.
    SkinyBisPreg Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2010, 09:09 PM

You shouldn't tell her... at least until you move out. Just don't let her catch you and definitely don't have sex in her house!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 09:36 PM
    More info needed..?

I don't get why you would need to talk to mother about your sex life at this point...

I have a great relationship with my mother, but my sex life is really not at the center of our relationship... and when younger, I definitely didn't feel the need to disclose the loss of my virginity or any new sexual encounters...

But again... perhaps there is more info here needed? Not trying to be a snot here... all of us on the boards honestly want to help... just need some understanding.

Why do you feel compelled to share this with your mother? You wouldn't post unless there was conflict... and there wouldn't be conflict without your feeling the need to share...

So please explain more...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search