Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    I think we're going to give this boy a second chance! He is just so friendly towards people!

He was out of the pens today. He was tied, so wasnt allowed to roam the yard unsupervised. He was very polite with the other dogs that came up to say "hi". Didnt show any signs of aggression.

His signs of aggression could all be stressed related. He could also have enclosure issues where he felt trapped and therefore felt like he needed to protect himself. He didnt bark much today! He obeyed the bark collar.

I hope he turns out to be a good boy and this was just his displacement! He's such a sweet boy! And very easy to handle! He's a very soft dog and doesnt take much to correct pulling on a lead.
    Lucky, this is great news. I hope all works out well for him and he finds a forever home very quickly. :)
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 10:23 PM

Me too! I'll post a pic of him once we get his picture taken for the website. He looks kind of rough right now, skinny with a very sun bleached coat, but can definitely see he'll turn out to be a pretty dog.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:00 PM

That's great news!
    So the problem was just he didn't like being in the pen?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:11 PM

I'm not sure if that was his issue, or if he just took a real long time to adjust.

He may not have wanted to be alone! Even though when he first arrived, he attacked another dog, which is how he ended up alone.

Its real hard to say..

Here's the human emotion! Maybe he knows this rescue is his last chance! Lol

I hope he made the change for the better and that its permanent!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 05:14 AM

Awesome news Lucky! I hope all works out. Unfortuanatly my problem child may not end up so happy. :(

Can't wait to see the pics!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Barking dog [ 9 Answers ]

I have an obnoxious & belligerent neighbour with a doberman that she allows to bark & whine/howl when it is outside. City won't do anything unless they hear it. Very difficult when you live in a townhouse. Is there anything on the market that will work on this problem without being obvious. Any...

Barking dog [ 2 Answers ]

Miami, Florida. I have a German Shepherd (Star), that has been accused of nuisance loud continuous barking. My dog does not bark continuously, I will not allow it however, my back yard neighbor is continually complaining to code enforcement about my dog barking. He clams he sleeps during the day...

De-barking a Dog? [ 98 Answers ]

What can you tell me about de-barking a dog? Can it be reversed?

Barking Dog going to be taken away! [ 6 Answers ]

My friends boyfriend has an Akita that is disrupting the neighborhood with constant barking. She has a doggie door, and loves to be outside. She doesn't bark when there is someone home, but as soon as they leave, the barking is constant! If she is left inside during the day when they are at...

Barking Dog [ 2 Answers ]

Paddy and his missus are lying in bed listening to the next door Neighbour's' dog barking. It had been barking for hours and hours. Suddenly Paddy jumps up out of bed and says "I've had enough of this". He goes downstairs. Paddy finally comes back up to bed and his wife says, "The dog...

View more questions Search