Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 20, 2010, 07:28 AM

Yeah! I got lost when you said,
    AFTER ripping up floor tile and cement, "my BIGGEST problem would be what options I would have for dealing with a badly corroded drain assembly".
    I couldn't understand if you had purchased another flange type shower drain you would have had a brand new upper part, including the drain, you wouldn't have to look for another one. I still don't understand.
    Why, if you already have replacement parts for the drain would you wiish to consider anything else but the drain that was made for the type of drain that you already have. It sounded like you had come up with some type of " Geee Whiz slip on drain" that would soilve your problems without tearing up the shower floor too much.
    Yes I realize you spoke about taking up the floor and replacing the top part but then you and Milo started talking about some sort od slip on drain. Sotty for the confusion. Blame it on advanced age and mad cow disease. Cheers, Tom
    quintas Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Yeah! I got lost when you said,
    I couldn't understand if you had purchased another flange type shower drain you would have had a brand new upper part, including the drain, you wouldn't have to look for another one. I still don't understand.
    Why, if you already have replacement parts for the drain would you wiish to consider anything else but the drain that was made for the type of drain that you already have. It sounded like you had come up with some type of " Geee Whiz slip on drain" that would soilve your problems without tearing up the shower floor too much.
    Yes I realize you spoke about taking up the floor and replacing the top part but then you and Milo started talking about some sort od slip on drain. Sotty for the confusion. Blame it on advanced age and mad cow disease. Cheers, Tom
    I hear you about the advanced age :eek:

So basically here it is in a nutshell:
    * I have not purchased a replacement drain yet, just asking questions
    * Have to get the floor up and expose the exsisting old corroded drain
    * Then I must figure out a way to remove, replace or repair that drain so I can install the new membrane patch between it's flanges so the
    Weep holes can do their thing.
    * Then re-do the floor and tile so I can finally use this thing!

Jim
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 20, 2010, 08:21 AM

We're on the same page again. Keep us informed on your progress. Good luck, tom,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower drain pipe has hole [ 6 Answers ]

For the third time I have a hole in the pipe below my shower pan. Twice I've had it fixed by two different people. They both had to remove the lower tiles, the shower pan and replace. Ok, so I am done with having someone else do it wrong. I can figure out how to remove everything but the...

Moving drain hole in a shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a tub with a shower pan, the hole needs to be moved 14 inches. This is a slab foundation. Thanks Jesse

Weep Holes in wall of tiled shower [ 1 Answers ]

I've moved into a new home and some water is leaking due to incomplete grouting of tiled walls in shower. Shower has pre-made shower pan, not tiled floor. Builder has cleaned out (by drilling) small weep holes in tiled wall immediately above pre-made shower pan (shower floor)... like you would...

Shower weep hole drain turned into tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.

View more questions Search