Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JFranco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 02:47 AM
    Portuguese Passport
    What are the advantage of having a portuguese passport?
    What are the benefits that my family can enjoy?
    My husband got a Portuguese passport, and once he gets a job in London he wants to take me (wife) and daughter (2 years). What are the procedures?
    GA01LD8055 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 06:54 PM

The advantages and benefits are basically as follows :
    1.Visa free acess to many countries(all of EU,US ,Canada,Australia +52 other Countries) where you can live and work for life .
    2.Social Security benefits of diability pensions from state
    3.Better Life and standard of Living ,free worldclass education for children etc!and you will be europed in 5 yrs time.

The procedures:
    Once your husband is in the UK he will need to sponsor you and your daughter after proving in the sponsorship letter that he has a place to stay,a regular income and can take care of you and your daughter I mean his family without recourse to public funds.

The sponsorship letter along with your other documents of Passport,Marriage certificate ,Passport copy of your husband ,Fill Form VAF -1 should be sent to the UK visa application centre in Mumbai ,where you and daughter will be granted a UK visa and some documents (I did that for my sister) to enter for a period of 1 year initially which is subseqently renewed to 5 years after which you can claimm PR in UK and Citizenship.
    I hope that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese Passport (Nationality) [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about applying for a Portuguese passport (Portugese Nationality). My Grand Parents were born in Goa they have the (Document de viyagem) a Portuguese document to cross the goa border and his nationality on it shows Portuguese. My parents were born and married in Mumbai, but are...

Portuguese passport apply [ 1 Answers ]

I want to inquire about how many days it take to get potugese passport if iwas born in goa before 1961 and submitted my documents in portugal last week are there any good solicetors in portugal to folow up the process

Portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

If you are not a Portuguese by origin, but you have a child in Portugalia,, do you qualify for Portuguese passport. What should a foreigner do to be able to apply for portgese passport. Thank You Albana

Applying For Portuguese Passport [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There, My Boyfriend is half Portuguese, His father (Who Is Now Deceased) Was from Portugal. He is now looking to go back to portugal (As his mother now lives there) and possibly travel to the UK For 2years to Work And see the world. My Question is: Can He Obtain a ancestral Passport that...

View more questions Search