Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jan 29, 2010, 12:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    HH, where the heck do you go camping that there are wolf spiders the size of softballs jumping on you?
    It was at a girl scout camp in central Ohio. I went to church camp there when I was a teenager. We got there a week before the girl scouts, so we got to scare all the bugs out of the tents and buildings.

One year, I walked into the tent, turned around, and there was a giant wolf spider sitting in the corner staring at me. I usually wore bandannas because spiders would sometimes jump, or maybe they were just falling, out of the trees. One girl ended up with a spider tangled in her hair and a couple of it's legs broke off before they could get it out.

We also ended up with a tent that came with it's own wasp nest one year. After we switched campsites, we ended up with a mattress that came with it's own animal nest. We never did figure out what lived in there. We just put the mattress in the woods behind the tent.

Once you got past the bugs, and nests, and cicada shells, it was a good camp. I kind of miss those days. Kind of.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 7, 2010, 09:21 AM

Im bored too :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search