Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Jan 20, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    Well once upon a time, divorce was such taboo. To even mention the word once in a marriage was to drop a huge bomb-shell and the relationship will struggle to get to where it was before even the word was mentioned. Now it gets used all the time, for small things, big things, things that could be worked out, things that need alot of work.

I still do not believe in divorce and never will. I no matter how hard my life gets or what happens, I would try to work things out because thats how I believe it should be. Divorce should never be an option because people make mistakes and things happen, but everything, and I mean everything can be sorted if both parties are willing to give it their all.

I understand what your saying. Its just that everyone is different. As I said earlier, some relationships are so unhealthy and there are times when people shouldn't stay.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 07:00 PM
    Thanks for leaving me out M.... :(
    ??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Well once upon a time, divorce was such taboo. To even mention the word once in a marriage was to drop a huge bomb-shell and the relationship will struggle to get to where it was before even the word was mentioned. Now it gets used all the time, for small things, big things, things that could be worked out, things that need alot of work.

I still do not believe in divorce and never will. I no matter how hard my life gets or what happens, I would try to work things out because thats how I believe it should be. Divorce should never be an option because people make mistakes and things happen, but everything, and I mean everything can be sorted if both parties are willing to give it their all.
    Too many people use the threat of divorce as a way to keep their wife/husband in line, or to get their way. It's sad.

Most times the person doesn't mean it, but the fact that they said it can be so hurtful and it can destroy a marriage.

Men and women are different, that's why we find each other fascinating and why we hook up with each other. When you don't respect those differences and work together to find a common ground, that's when problems arise.

For instance. I am a neat freak. I've actually gotten much better, but I used to be completely anal about how the house looked, having everything put away and neat and tidy. My husband is the opposite. He comes home, throws his jacket on the floor, kicks off his shoes, leaves his work clothes on the floor, goes into the kitchen to make a snack and usually leaves all the stuff out on the counter, hoping that it will be cleaned up.

We've had many fights about this. I'm not a maid. I'm not his mother. I will not clean up after him, he's a grown man and he can do it himself.

After years of fighting about this, we reached an understanding. The fact is, he doesn't do it on purpose, he really doesn't. The thing that always annoyed me is that I thought that he was doing it just to annoy me. He isn't. So, when I see a sock on the floor or a used plate on the table instead of in the dishwasher, I remind myself that he loves me, he wouldn't do this just to make me mad and really, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that important. When he gets home I point the things out and he cleans them up. We hug and it's all good.

Compromise, communication, understanding, those are the most important things if you want your relationship to last.

Sex and love, they're nice, but they aren't as important as the above mentioned. :)
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Jan 20, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkangelgirl View Post
    I understand what your saying. Its just that everyone is different. As i said earlier, some relationships are so unhealthy and there are times when people shouldnt stay.
    I truly agree with everything you say.

I'm out... Goodbye

Jan 20, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    ??????????
    You said Hi to everyone but me... :(

Its OK... I'm out of here now... have a good one
    Pets Expert

Alty

Enough of the mushy stuff already :rolleyes:

Hey
    Herbie
    Sergie
    Pinky
    Blacky
    Cat
    Heath
    It's not mushy! It's L.O.V.E!

I just threw up a bit in my mouth. :(

Blacky, he didn't leave you out. Read it again! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    It's not mushy! It's L.O.V.E!

I just threw up a bit in my mouth. :(

Blacky, he didn't leave you out. Read it again! :)
    I admire your editing skills Alty... good on you... :)

Jan 20, 2010, 07:04 PM
    Too many people use the threat of divorce as a way to keep their wife/husband in line, or to get their way. It's sad.

Most times the person doesn't mean it, but the fact that they said it can be so hurtful and it can destroy a marriage.

Men and women are different, that's why we find eachother fascinating and why we hook up with eachother. When you don't respect those differences and work together to find a common ground, that's when problems arise.

For instance. I am a neat freak. I've actually gotten much better, but I used to be completely anal about how the house looked, having everything put away and neat and tidy. My husband is the opposite. He comes home, throws his jacket on the floor, kicks off his shoes, leaves his work clothes on the floor, goes into the kitchen to make a snack and usually leaves all the stuff out on the counter, hoping that it will be cleaned up.

We've had many fights about this. I'm not a maid. I'm not his mother. I will not clean up after him, he's a grown man and he can do it himself.

After years of fighting about this, we reached an understanding. The fact is, he doesn't do it on purpose, he really doesn't. The thing that always annoyed me is that I thought that he was doing it just to annoy me. He isn't. So, when I see a sock on the floor or a used plate on the table instead of in the dishwasher, I remind myself that he loves me, he wouldn't do this just to make me mad and really, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that important. When he gets home I point the things out and he cleans them up. We hug and it's all good.

Compromise, communication, understanding, those are the most important things if you want your relationship to last.

Sex and love, they're nice, but they aren't as important as the above mentioned. :)
    You couldn't be more correct there Alty... I guess without those things, nothing can last... anyway, keep up the good work in your marriage... all the best... Peace
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 07:05 PM

You should really look back blacky ;)

Alty's right
    sergie Posts: 149, Reputation: 15
    -

Jan 20, 2010, 07:07 PM

Hello friend4u, blackvy and muddy!
    Shall I order a cup of coffee for you muddy, i.e if your hubby doesn't mind? :D
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 07:08 PM

You could get me a Beer sergie :)
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 07:08 PM
    I admire your editing skills Alty... good on ya... :)
    I didn't edit it Blacky. Look back.

You know that I'm not computer savvy. I couldn't edit it even if I wanted to.

Now stop your whining. M included you and even if he didn't, it happens. I leave people out all the time.

M, next time just say "hi everyone" you'll cover your a$$ much better that way. That's what I do. ;)

Having said that, you're on the list Blacky, just read. :rolleyes:
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 07:09 PM
    You could get me a Beer sergie :)
    Hey! You're the beer fetcher. Stop trying to pass that job onto someone else. You have the beer truck.

Damnit!

Now I want a beer.

Sergie, make it two. :)

Jan 20, 2010, 07:10 PM

Thanks... sorry M... that was me just being an a**... won't do it again... but its time for me to disappear... so everyone be good... Black-out... (hehehe)
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Thanks... sorry M... that was me just being an a**... won't do it again... but its time for me to disappear... so everyone be good... Black-out... (hehehe)
    Blackout! LMAO! :)

Bye Blacky. You're not an a$$, you just didn't see your own name. It happens. Don't beat yourself up. ;)

Don't be such a stranger. You haven't been around much lately.

Later gator. :)
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Jan 20, 2010, 07:17 PM

Men and women are different, that's why we find eachother fascinating and why we hook up with eachother. When you don't respect those differences and work together to find a common ground, that's when problems arise.

That's good advice and makes sense. I never believed in divorce and believed in working on things till death do us part. But my marriage is controlling and physically and mentally abusive so how do I stay and work that out? Its killing me emotionally but I don't want to just leave because I love my husband. There are so many good things I love and like about him but then there's so much pain as well.
    -

Jan 20, 2010, 07:19 PM

* steals the beer bottles from friend4u's truck, serves to Friend4u, alty, muddy ,blackvy, pinky, and everybody else*
    Gool light folls, I guess... hick... hick... gottt oo... hick... leave... hick... hick.
    -

Jan 20, 2010, 07:19 PM

* steals the beer bottles from friend4u's truck, serves to Friend4u, alty, muddy ,blackvy, pinky, and everybody else*
    Gool light folls, I guess... hick... hick... gottt oo... hick... leave... hick... hick.:):eek::D:cool:
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 07:39 PM

Drunk sergie double posts
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkangelgirl View Post
    Thats good advice and makes sense. I never believed in divorce and believed in working on things till death do us part. But my marriage is controlling and physically and mentally abusive so how do i stay and work that out? Its killing me emotionally but i dont want to just leave because i love my husband. There are so many good things i love and like about him but then theres so much pain aswell.
    Pinky, maybe you should start a thread about this. I know that there are lots of people that would be there to give you advice. A lot of people that won't come to this thread.

I will ask a few questions.

1. How long have you been married?
    2. Does your husband hit you? You said that the marriage is physically abusive.
    3. How is your marriage mentally abusive?

Are there any good parts in your marriage? You say that you love him. What do you love about him?

If it's physically abusive then I'd leave, but that's me.

If you can salvage any part of your marriage, if you can both work together or agree to counseling, then I would say that you at least owe it to yourself to try.

Love isn't always easy. Marriage isn't either.

We're here if you need to talk. If you start a thread about this then post the link here, I know that most of us will be there to give you support and provide advice. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

Alcohol, Old Age and More Alcohol [ 2 Answers ]

As a drunk guy staggers out of the bar one Friday evening, a fire engine races past, siren wailing and lights flashing. Immediately, the drunk starts chasing the engine, running as fast as he can until, eventually, he collapses, gasping for breath. Feeling very put out, He shouts after the...

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

View more questions Search