Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frinkanna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 01:17 PM
    About toilet
    A few days ago my toilet overflowed well then it was fine for a couple of days then my son was bathing and the other tub filled up with nasty water and took about 30 minutes to drain in both tubs. Yesterday I was washing clothes and all of a sudden the bathroom in the kitchen closest to the laundry room well it made my toilet overflow 3 times can you tell me what to do before we have to spend money we don't have on a plumber. In desperate need of help!! Thanks, Anna (PS) answer asap
    HelenAg Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Jan 7, 2010, 06:20 PM

I am no expert, but it sounds like your main sewer line needs to be cleaned out.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 07:49 PM

Helen may be no expert but knows the answer. Youyr main drain line is clogging downstream of these fixture and needs rodding. Do you know where there is a clean out, if not we need to pull a toilet or rod from the vent. When we talk about rodding a main drain we are talking sewer rodder, not some little coil from the hardware store
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 07:53 PM

Hello Anna I agree with Bob and Helen You have clogged drain, snake it from the roof vent, rod enough to reach from the roof to the basement floor plus 20 feet extra, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Bubling toilet, washing machine running, water coming out of toilet and outside pipe. [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed that my toilet has started bubling. The washing machine was running. I happened to noticed that the toilet in my spare bathroom had water coming out from under the toilet. The tub beside it looks as of at one point dirty water had possibly backed up in it (I don't use the tub, I could...

Cracked toilet bowl & low water level in toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, So I've got two questions regarding two toilets and would appreciate any and all help as I can't afford someone to come in at this point to fix it for me. 1. I managed to drop a crystal (decoration) ball into the toilet which cracked the bowl so a chunk of the porcelain just fell...

Looking for good Advise on replacing toilet flange on concrete slab to install toilet [ 26 Answers ]

To whom it may concern: I got a problem with a toilet that has been rocking and twisting for quite some time until it started leaking and what now I pull up the toilet to find out that the flange is broken on one side. I tried that flange plate from home depo but it won't work because the slab is...

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

View more questions Search