Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxgawjuzuxx Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2009, 09:30 PM
    my dogs chewing his paws
    my 2 year old border collie x husky has been chewing his back feet, one had a like a little scar on it that I've only just realised I thought that might be irritating him & on the other one its like a few layers of the padded bit has come off.. they're also a bit rough.. I don't want him to hut himself or anything. When my mum was younger she had a dog that kept licking his paw that much it was going to be amputated then he started on the other foot so eh was put down... please help
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 10:30 PM

Something may have been there or cut him from the sounds of it and it has developed into a habit.

One of my mothers poodles got stung by a bee on the foot when she was a pup, she is now 4 years old and still chews that same spot, she goes into a 'trance' while she is doing it and won't listen to us.

Vicks Vapor rub works really well, just rub a little onto the fur (not the skin) and the smell usually deters them really well and breaks the habit.

Dec 2, 2009, 02:21 AM

Thank you that sounds like a good idea ill try it (: & yeah I think there may have been a cut but I've only noticed it since its healed.. hopefully your idea will work thank you (:
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 08:56 AM

Could be a food allergy as well. My Ma Staff does that when he gets fed certain foods. Iput Lanonlin on them and it helps a bot, but you may want to try a different dog food.
    Dogs Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 08:58 AM
    *AM Staff... ugg long day.

Dec 3, 2009, 06:11 AM

Lol oh OK (: well he has enduro dog biscuits which are suppose to be good for him then lamb bones & dinner scraps, ill have to have a look at that. Thank you (:
    Dogs Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 06:17 AM

Could be the dinner scraps, lots of dogs can't seem to be able to handel that type of food! Let me know if it gets any better, and what you did!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog chews paws [ 12 Answers ]

The dogs a king charles he's 18 month old and chews his paws all the time the vet now thinks it's a food allergie they said to feed him turkey cornflakes which he ate yesterday but today has been sick all morning has any ones dog have anything like this and if so what did they do to help the dog ...

Bear paws [ 1 Answers ]

I have a silver bracelett with one large torquoise stone centered with bear paws stamped on the back, no other stamps or marks. I would like to find out who made it.

Infected paws? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a four year old border collie. Well at least that's what it said on her kennel when I adopted her but she doesn't look like a border collie at all. She;s some kind of mutt though. Anyway, I've noticed that she's been biting at her paws a lot. They seem irritated or something, because she...

Dog Licking Her Paws [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A 7 Year Old ****zu Who We Rescued From A Centre. Since We Adopted Her We Have Had Her On Numeroius Occasions To The Vets As Hse Is Constantly Licking Her Paws The Vet Says Its Her Anal Glands But We Have Had These Emptied Every time We Go And Within Days She Has Started Again. Has Anyone...

Cat paws [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am writing about I noticed on my sister's cat there was a little black spot on it's paw, what is it plus it not on any other paws

View more questions Search