Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxgawjuzuxx Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Should I tell him how I feel?
    I'm liking this guy at the moment, I'm 16 & a half & his 19 turning 20, I don't mind the age difference but his family & my family have been close since my mum was a kid. I'm not sure whether his flirting with me or just being nice because he has to? Lol. I'm not sure whether to tell him how I feel or not. Or should I just wait & see what happens?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 01:43 AM

I'm curious to what you think you have in common with a 20 year old?

Find someone your own age or just enjoy being with your friends.

I can't see any benefits to you telling him how you feel.

Oct 24, 2009, 01:51 AM

I'm mature for my age.. & we have plenty in common.. its not like I've just met a random guy down the street & decided to like him. I don't see the age as that much of a problem.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 01:55 AM

The thing is, he probably wants to go to clubs etc,and you cant.

His interests are different then yours,and he is a man..

A MAN.

And your not quite yet a woman,even though you say your mature,he has more experience then you,the truth is your too young for him.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 03:12 PM

Unless you're ready to get married, forget about being 'interested' in this guy. He is 20, and will then be 21, 22, and wanting to settle down and get on with his life while you're still stuck in high school. You're at different times in your life. Yeah it's only a few years, but 40 and 44 is not as drastic as 16 and 20: that is a big age gap when it involves the teenage and young adult years. These are ages where you're still finding out who you are. (I know I am!) You say you are mature, but believe me, one day you will look back on 16 with a lot more knowledge and think, "Back then, I actually thought I was mature? What was I thinking." I'm 19, and I do it!
    So, if you're not ready to get serious (considering you would be dating an ADULT, not a teenager,) don't bother. Honestly, that rule should go for any relationship.

Oct 26, 2009, 04:10 AM

Thanks jaime90 I'm not in high school anymore though I do know what you mean. I'm not looking for a hook up or a short relationship I'm not like some 16 year olds who change every week. But thank you for your advice glad you gave it to me straight :) & not told me I'm wrong straight away. I have to still have a think about it all..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

How should I feel about this? I feel betrayed and upset [ 13 Answers ]

Another thing, I just found out this morning. Ages I've been on my boyfriends Facebook on my phone to edit stuff for him (he knew about this) and gave me his password. He's changed it now though and I don't know it which is fine because he wants his privacy. However, now, I couldn't get on my own...

View more questions Search