Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Oct 12, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Is my sister getting too emotionally attached? And is she moving to fast?
    So, my sister is 20 and her boxing trainer is 32.. She signed up for boxing a month and a half ago and they had a friends first professional second kind of thing... Just last week, they kissed and from there they've been talking on the phone for three hours every day, he gave her his shirt and she's been wearing it for the past four days day and night, the first time he came over *yestreday* he spent the night, which was not approved of by my mom (I know she's an adult but she knew it made us both uncomfortable) and she won't stop talking about him. I've discussed this with my best friend and she agrees that she thinks they are moving too fast (did I mention he didn't remember her name until they kissed, but he has a bad memory... ) I just want an opinion from an adult (I'm 15) and I want to know if I'm over reacting because I'm a teenager, or if I'm right. I don't want to see her hurt and I want to tell her to not get too sucked in this fast.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Oct 12, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiechick123 View Post
    She signed up for boxing a month and a half ago and they had a friends first professional second kind of thing... Just last week, they kissed
    That certainly isn't that fast for adults. However, adults who are finished with school typically don't live with their mom while dating a dude that is twelve years older than they are at an age of only twenty. For a child living at home, were I the parent, the spending the night thing would be unacceptable. A job and your own place would be the price to pay for a roll in the hay.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiechick123 View Post
    he didn't remember her name until they kissed, but he has a bad memory...
    Don't make excuses for him. I think your sister's odds of having a meaningless physical fling with this dude are very good. The odds of happily ever after... not s'much.

P.S. Why did he spend the night at your place? Does he live with his parents too or not have his own place? No decent self respecting guy is going to get busy with his girlfriend at his girlfriend's mom's place while mom and kid sister are present. That's just sad. I'm 38 now, but even at 32, a 20 year old... at her mom's house... with mom and kid sister no less... eew... *shudder*.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Oct 12, 2009, 11:17 PM

Well this is the deali-o with this guy... He lives at the gym he works at, he was a bum for a while because he had a bad family but now he sleeps and works at the gym. That's why his memory may be janked up, due to him living on the streets for a bit. The guy's definitely not a bad guy (to the extent of my knowledge) and I don't think he cares all too much about age, I mean she is over 18. It's just her that I'm worried about.. She once used the word "love" describing a previous relationship that wasn't established and that only lasted a month... I don't want her to suck herself in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 03:01 AM

For adults, well many sleep together on the first date and don't even know each others last name after they do. So that is fast.

The issue I have is her bringing him home to mom's house, mom should have shown him the door, or perhaps daughter to if she has no respect for house rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan getting hot and not moving very fast. [ 2 Answers ]

I had a Harbor Breeze Triton ceiling fan installed today. After the electrician left I tried it and the fan moves very slow, even on high. I let it run a bit and noticed a strange odor like something was getting hot and melting or something. The fan was also not moving any faster. I turned off the...

Is my friend moving too fast? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend and his girlfriend are moving in with each other next month and they have only been seeing each other for 4 months. He says he is in love but at the age of 16 I have tried telling him that he is moving a bit too fast, but is he?

Moving too fast? [ 7 Answers ]

I've just gotten out of a relationship (about 3 weeks ago)with a guy that played some pretty big games with me, and now I'm beginning to actually "date" for the first time. I have only really had two boyfriends and they were both fairly serious relationships. I started dating my frist boyfriend...

Is this moving to fast? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been w/my boyfriend for a year in July. We live right across the street from each other. I have a 7 and 9 year old and he has a 7 year old. Our kids get along as if they are brothers and sister. Anyway, after a few months in our relationship, we would only stay the night with him when his son...

Am I moving too fast after a breakup? [ 40 Answers ]

Hey guys, I hope you can provide some advice for me here. I recently got out of a 6 month relationship with a girl. We had grown to be really good friends, and we had a lot in common, but things fell apart for us in the last month of our relationship, a lot of fighting, and that led to us not...

View more questions Search