Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 10:19 AM

I just found the thread. I can't believe that you can't switch to the default skin. I took a picture of the window, and here it is:

Name:  Screenshot.png
Views: 30
Size:  10.4 KB

That should be like this. Now, click on the skin dropdown button (sp?) and choose the 'default style' option. And here it is. :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 10:52 AM

Hey Unky, how come your drop down menus have pretty curved edges.. mine are just boring boxes :confused:
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 11:00 AM

Huh? I don't know... it was always like that for me...
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Hmmm.. I know nothing about computers! Maybe it's a different version of windows or a different browser or something but mine looks like this:
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 03:25 PM
    I would like to know how your doing the images that you're doing?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Hi Clough! I have a snapshot program on my computer which can take pictures of the whole screen, of a window, or of a selected area. I chose the selected area option to do it. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 10:37 PM
    Hi, Unknown008!

What is the program that you're using to take the snapshots, please?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 10:48 PM
    Sorry, I'm not that good on the computer... I just have that in my menu bar... :o

It's like this, on Linux Mint:

Name:  Screenshot-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot-2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  26.2 KB
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 10:50 PM

You can just do a screen dump clough using word or paint etc.

Press the "print screen" key on your keyboard

Then open say "word" and right click/paste
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 03:56 PM

Yes, Clough, just do screenprint - it's over near the area where the delete is, likely between the main keyboard and numeric keypad. Depending on what software you stick it into, you may have to do a Ctrl-V to get it to paste.

It's also nice if you have something that can crop it so you don't end up with your entire screen. I use Paint Shop Pro. If you search the computer forums for graphics program or photo programs, I'm sure somewhere someone has links to some free stuff. You might have something that came with a scanner or something.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 03:59 PM
    I just played around and you can crop in Paint. (In Accessories.) I've never done that before. There's a little rectangle thing up at the top of the toolbar. If you click that and drag across the area you want... then under Edit use Copy To. Unfortunately it only saves as a bitmap that way, which are kind of big. I'd change it to the 256K. Monochrome is smaller but is quite missing some detail.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 04:03 PM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    I just found the thread. I can't believe that you can't switch to the default skin. I took a picture of the window, and here it is:
    I've looked through there and don't remember ever seeing that. I've had a lot of problems like that around here -- people keep telling me stuff exists that I can't find. I don't have time to deal with it right now as I'm really, really busy and should NOT even be on here at all. :p

As for why yours and Shazy's look different, that may be the skin here, or the browser. Or even the skin on a browser. I've been messing with the themes for Firefox and stuff like that does look different sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thank you clough! [ 4 Answers ]

Clough- I received your answers to my last questions, Thank you very much it was very helpful! I just needed some help on how to word my ads? Again, I have a home and commercial cleaning business. Also, what is the product that will take soap scum off showers? Thank you and I look forward to...

For Clough [ 122 Answers ]

I am out of work and I want to take this opportunity to get my education. In this day and time you need both parties working in the household to make it. Right now we are barely surviving on his pay alone. I am seeking an online degree from CTU, because I am so tired of the endless dead-end jobs...

This is for Clough. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I use free internet advertising to start my commercial janitorial business? Clough, if your out there I could use your help. I've read some replies about using free internet advertising but not sure how to use it. Do I just post an ad about my business to all these free sites, keep them...

View more questions Search