Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucytwo2 Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Cost of exterior fake stones
    Has any one installed on the exterior of their home that fake stone. I was wondering what the cost would be per square foot. I only want to do one section of the house which was an addition and it measures approx. 8 x 14 or 112 sq.ft.I would only need the flat stones,no corners as there is siding on the rest of the house.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 05:30 PM

Corning makes a good line of faux stone and brick. You can price it yourself from their site but who is going to do the install? This site also has an installation video. Cultured Stone® - Stone Veneer and Brick Veneer You will need to do some homework. The siding must come off, tar papper applied, steel screen/mesh, scratch coat and then the stone.

Sep 22, 2009, 03:43 PM

We will be doing the instalation ourself.I've seen it done on some home improvement shows and it doesn't look that hard to do.It is only the 1 small area plus it has 2 windows.I just want to know the cost per sq. ft.

Sep 22, 2009, 05:51 PM

You should be able to calculate the stone cost off the link I gave you. Add another $2 per sq/ft for tar paper and wire mesh. Have you looked at the video yet?

Sep 23, 2009, 03:19 PM

I looked at the link and I don't see any prices.

Sep 23, 2009, 03:24 PM

Sorry, they have a new site. Click on the left edge for DEALER SEARCH and find the folks closest to you and call them. Most lumber yards and Menards also carry other brands

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of professional exterior painting [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for ballpark figures on what it costs to have somebody re-paint the exterior of our home? I have no clue what the range would be. We are in San Diego. It is a two story, approx. 2,000 square foot home. Mostly stucco, but some wood siding too. It has needed to be re-painted for a...

Estimate cost of exterior painters [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for ballpark figures on what it costs to have somebody re-paint the exterior of our home? We have a main house plus a guest house, total sq ft is approx 7500. We will use 3 colors.

Calculate the cost of painting exterior of a home [ 0 Answers ]

I want to calculate a fair estimate of cost with owner buying the supplies to paint this home The home is a two story aluminum siding been painted B/4 Some washing down in eves No trim to do No windows to prime Will be done with brush The majority of he job will be done on a ladder Do I...

Exterior paint jobs - cost? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to paint the outside of my house and I got a quote from someone in town and I'm a little sketical about the cost. It's a one story, 1400 foot house in San Diego with stucco. The quote I got to power wash, paint the house and paint the trim is $2000. Does this sound right? Seems low to me...

View more questions Search