Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnkydo123 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 11:41 AM
    I'm almost 16 and I've never kissed a guy
    Hey, I'm almost 16 and I have never kissed a guy. I will be a sophomore in high school and I have never even had a boyfriend before. When I see girls at my school kissing their boyfriends and it makes me kind of jelous. I just really want a boyfriend.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 11:49 AM

Why the rush?

Having a boyfriend isn't that great, and it's definitely not something to just jump into head first.

I had my first kiss at 17 I believe, it was at a party, I never talked to the guy again because after I had kissed him he decided that was an invitation for sex...

Why are they kissing their boyfriends at school?

I wouldn't be jealous, I would be thinking how that is a private act and they shouldn't be flaunting it up in a public place.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 16, 2009, 12:26 PM

I was almost 17 when I had my first kiss. It was the end of my sophomore year and he was my first boyfriend.

Don't try to rush things just because you feel left out. Wouldn't you rather find a guy you can see yourself being with for awhile than settle for someone you don't really want to date, or at least don't want to date for more than a couple weeks? You'll find someone. Besides, wouldn't you rather look back in 5-10 years and smile when you think of your first kiss (even if it is in amusement) than wonder why you ever wanted to kiss that guy in the first place?
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 01:32 PM

Two choices:
    Settle for some guy you just don't like because you want your first kiss. If you do this, it leads to a lot of other bad decisions. Regret it when you meet your love.
    Or:
    Wait. Save it. Make that first kiss with someone you really care about. I'm not saying you will be with him forever, but the good memory will be with you forever.

Go read this thread. Even though she's three years younger than you, all of the help to her applies to you too.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ne-385923.html
    bubbletea123 Posts: 21, Reputation: 6

Aug 24, 2009, 12:35 AM

I agree with the people above me. Also, you're in your sophomore year, it should be the beginning of when you really need to concentrate in school. It can affect what college/university you get into, which can affect your life. Your first kiss will come eventually, and I'm sure many of your friends still haven't had theirs yet! Don't think about it too much, you'll have so many opportunities to meet new people in college/university. The right guy will come, and you'll be glad you waited! Good luck (:

Aug 31, 2009, 11:57 AM

It just kind of annoys me that I have never had a boyfriend and have never kissed a guy. I try not 2 let it bother me when I'm in class, but then when I get out into the hall 2 switch classes, 2 go 2 lunch, or 2 go 2 our free period I see all these girls with their boyfriends and their kissing them. It just annoys me cause I wish I was in their place.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 12:00 PM

pnkydo123,in your other thread you mentioned a guy that had asked you out,see if you can get talking to him again,take it easy,be friendly and smile.
    jaimie02 Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Aug 31, 2009, 01:48 PM

Hey girl. Believe me I know how you feel. I am 16, almost seventeen and a senior and have never kissed a guy or had a real boyfriend. This might kind of be a self diagnosis... Don't wish you are in those girls' places because they may not be truly happy. They may be being taken advantage of. I have learned that in high school most guys don't really care about the person inside the body. Stick it out. It'll happen when its supposed to. At least that's what I've been told

However, maybe it is you. I think my issue is that I have a wall around me and that I am very picky. I am not telling you to settle. But understand that zac efron goes to a fictional high school... there are no zac efrons in real high school.

Just try to be more outgoin.. if you are why try not to be. I know that's part of my issue. Let people see who you really are, not that person you might pretend to be.

And trust me. It is completely normal. Your entire isssue is completely normal. Don't rush it.

Aug 31, 2009, 02:04 PM

Yea I know there are no zac efrons or even robert pattinsons either, but it would be nice if there was. I'm trying not 2 let it bother me 2 much. I have plenty of friends that I can spend my Friday and Saturday nights with
    jaimie02 Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Aug 31, 2009, 02:22 PM

Its okay to let it bother you a little bit. And its okay to cry yourself to sleep at night sometimes. But surrounding yourself with friends is a great idea. Just be careful because sometimes it can make it hurt worse. But friends are amazing because they can pick you right back up.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 31, 2009, 02:26 PM

Stop focusing on all the girls WITH boyfriends and start noticing the girls WITHOUT them. You'll probably find there are more without.

Sep 1, 2009, 05:13 PM

I guess that's true there are probably more without them than there are ones with them. None of my friends are really with anyone excpt 1 so I guess I shouldn't really think about it.
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2009, 01:57 PM

Hunny, I'm 18 in 2 months and still haven't had my first kiss!
    :(

Sep 4, 2009, 07:16 PM

Well I kind of like a guy right now so it could happen soon
    mona93 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Sep 6, 2009, 12:56 PM

I had my first kiss 2 months ago... I'm 16... I always tought that I would kiss a guy from my school... but I just meet the guy by friends... now I'm not with him because he was from another city... but I'll get over it... I'm happy that I kissed a guy at last... and I'm sure you'll get one 2... the right one will come!

Watch the movie, Angus,thongs and perfect snogging... great movie It's kind of same situasion you'd might learn something

Sep 7, 2009, 09:08 AM

Well when it happens ill be happy. I guess I can't really worry about it right now

Sep 9, 2009, 06:48 PM

I think I may be getting a date 4 my homecoming. This guy I have been crushing on I think might ask me so that will make my day.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2009, 08:43 PM

If he doesn't ask you, you can always ask him.

Sep 10, 2009, 02:51 PM

I'm just so shy so I would be scared 2 death 2 ask him.

Sep 13, 2009, 01:09 PM

I'm thinking it will happen soon. Like I said in my other thread I saw a guy that I like at a football game. Since I was freezing cold and wet from the rain he came over 2 mw twice and hugged me twice 2 try and get me warm. I I thought that was a big clue that he may like me so I ould get a kiss from him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18 and still not kissed! [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 18, and I've honestly never kissed a girl. Sadly, I've only hugged and held hands only once or twice. This is all partially due to my inexperience in relationships, as well as there not being much affection in my family. I've had 5 relationships to date, from 1st grade to the most recent in...

I'm 16 and I've never been kissed [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 16 and I've never been kissed. I like to hang out with guys, because I like them more than girls, like as friends. I'm not a slut and I don't sleep around, I just find it easier to get along with guys. Anyway, any guy that I hang out with, that I don't like, always likes me. But when I find a...

Never Been Kissed... [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 17 and believe it or not I have never been kissed. I haven't even been in a relationship. I have never had a boyfriend. It's really depressing because all of my friends are always talking about their boyfriends. I think that I'm attractive. I know that it is partly my fault because it is really...

I kissed my bestfriends ex [ 5 Answers ]

Well the other night my bestfriends ex (we were really good friends) well he invited me to watch a movie at his house and I said OK so I went there and at the beginning nothing was happening and then we started having a pillow fight he took me and held me tight in his arms then the moment arrived...

Never Kissed [ 15 Answers ]

Im 13 and Ive never kissed or had a boyfriend before. I know Im 2 young but all my friends have and well Im ancious to know what it feels like. I know Im not ugly because Ive gotten compliments about being really pretty before. My problem is that guys only check me out, and when they do like me...

View more questions Search