Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Aug 31, 2009, 02:11 PM
    Baby birth weight
    I am 24 weeks pregnant with our second baby. When our daughter was born we weight in at 9lbs 2 oz, it was really difficult for me to carry a large baby. I asked my doctor if this baby would be as heavy, and her responds was " Babies second time around are normally heavier."

I have read that the larger babies can have more complications, and most of the time aren't as healthy as lets say 7lbs baby. I read babies that are 9lbs and up can develop diabetes much faster. Is that true?

My questions is, can anything be done during pregnancy by the mother to increase the chances of birth weight? For example some of my girlfriends have said if you eat a lot of junk food it can increase birth weight. I have been eating a lot of healthy food, hardly any junk at all.

In the end I we are hoping for a healthy and happy baby no matter what the weight is, we just want to make sure we are doing everything right.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 06:52 PM

I believe that eating junk food, fast foods and processed foods aren't good and can cause problems like attention deficit. I know a lot of 10 lbs that have grown up with no problems.
    The main thing is take your prenatal vitamins and eat healthy. Omega fatty acid is suppose to be great for their mental functioning too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights to baby birth/baby name [ 8 Answers ]

What rights does an unwed father in PA have to be there when the child is born or have say in the child's name? Also, does PA have any laws in regards to fathers last name and child support? I've heard that if the baby does not have the fathers last name that she can't file for child support. Any...

Baby weight [ 1 Answers ]

My Baby weight was 3.1 kg during her birth(vacuum) .now she is 51/2 month old weighing around 9.5 Kg.can you please tell me whether this weight is normal? Mohideen

Baby brusing before birth. [ 8 Answers ]

I am on weekly dr visits as my pregnancy ends and today the dr. Told us one of our twins (paige) has a large bruse on her left leg. He said it was common to see in multiple births, but when I asked what it was from he couldn't tell me he kind of rushed me out of the office. So of course I left in a...

Under weight baby [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and my baby is 5 ouncees underweight... What can I do

Baby weight [ 2 Answers ]

I had a baby in November 2006.. this is my 3rd child, so of course the weight is hard to lose.. im use to weighing 103lbs and right now I'm at 119 and freaking out. I'm 5'1... and I'm almost 22 years old... ive heard that situps don't really do much in some articles, and other I'm reading that it's...

View more questions Search