Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMMOYA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 11:51 AM
    Dark to light
    :confused:i went to sallys beauty supply and asked the lady that works there to show me what hair color to get to get it a light ash brown. My hair is naturally dark brown but I had it reddish brown before I tried the stuff at sallys. She gave me a color that was a light ash blonde to get it the color I wanted because I had dark hair. I tried that product and my roots got the color they were supposed to get but the rest of the hair got a dark red color. But every time I washed my hair it got an ugly shade (discoloration) what do you recommend I do to get it light ash brown without hurting my hair that much?:confused:
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2009, 11:53 PM

Your new growth was virgin hair therefore the color was able to lift n deposit your desired results!however your ends n midshaft have color on them therefore the color you applied will not do anything to it! See color doesn't lift color! Only bleach or modulates have that ability! I'm sorry you received bad advice from the lady you asked! I would recommend heading2the salon! Your ends need2be stripped of that color! By using bleach or modulate! If you don't want2hurt your hair your only option@this point is to color over it again with a darker color!depositing color does not hurt it@all! I know that's not what you wantd however it will at least give you a decent color for now!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark to light dark [ 3 Answers ]

I am naturally a redhead but bleached my hair over a number of years and tired of it so decided to put a permanent redish brown on which I like but seems abit harsh. I just want to lighten it a few shades but when I do test strands nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Dark blonde/light brown to dark brown hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! My hair color is dark blond or a really light brown.. I-m not sure and I want to dye it dark brown? Is it safe? Or will I be getting a reddish color after a few washes? My natural hair is light brown but I dyed it.. a medium chocolate the stylist said but it really turned out to be a blondish...

From Dark Blonde to Dark Brown back to Light Brown [ 1 Answers ]

I recently lightened my already color-treated brown hair to a dark blonde color. I decided it looked unnatural and decided to dye it back brown. I picked up a light brown dye from the local beauty supply store and it came out way darker than I wanted or expected with a hint of green, and now I...

How can I get my dark hair light again? [ 6 Answers ]

So I got my hair dyed at a salon today at like 4:30, I have like medium brown hair, and now its like almost black! I want it GONE!! What can I do!! Like ASAP?

Dark Hair to Light [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend colored his hair the other day. They were hoping for a dark brown, but it's almost black. He wants to lighten it up a bit (his natural hair color is a light brown). Any suggestions?

View more questions Search