Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 13, 2009, 07:10 AM
    I just feel like rambling.
    Well, I was away from this wonderful community for a decent amount of time.
    So, because I'm talkative and I like to talk, I figured I would fill you guys in on my life at the moment :p
    I have decided, having finished year 12 last year, that I would like to pursue a career in animal care. Not sure if I want to be a vet, or a zoo keeper, or a vet nurse, or work at a wildlife park, or I don't know. I just love animals.
    Of course, that's not all I would like to do. I would like to help people at some point do. I love music, and art. I don't see why I have to be a one trick pony. No need to be "just an animal person" my whole life.
    I recently completed a period of volunteer work at a wonderful local wildlife park/zoo.
    Full of native animals, a very hands one place (its privatly owned).
    I could probably ramble for hours about stuff that happened at the wildlife park and the gorgeous animals there, but I don't want to further bore anyone who is insane enough to read this.
    Lately, my biggest challenge has been finding a job. It is so difficult, and I am still unemployed.
    My therapist (A wonderful person by the name of rosemary) has recently referred me to a wonderful organisation called Bridging the Gap. They have me on a 4 month course with a bunch of other kids (they are 14-16, so a bit younger than me, but most of them are still great to hang around with) this course is teaching us about getting our L plates, job skills, resumes, etc, and is a lot of fun.
    Me and my family have been doing family therapy, which has actually (surprisinngly) made some real progress.
    Also, my dad has just retired from the air force, and our houses mortgage is now paid of. He has done a course on Remote Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is hoping to get a job in that industry. Lately, my depression has been almost non existent, and I have been pretty happy. One girl even said the other day"You really are boisterous arent you". A year or two ago, I would have been called shy, or emo, or depressive. Not boisterous.
    At the course, I am really making some good friendships with the other kids.
    Also, it is my birthday in a few days. I will be 18 (Omigosh 18!).
    Ill be old and decrepit like the rest of you! :p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:43 PM
    Hi, Sean!

Long time, no see! I'm glad that you're still around and about, doing things that are positive and aiming for the good goals that you have for yourself!

When specifically, is your birthday, please?

It's great that you're making progress with your family and that you've all agreed to do something positive and proactive, together!

If you're interested, I've found a way to help people with writing music and/or songs on this site, where everyone can actually hear the music that's been written.

Please let me know if you might be interested in doing something like that.

Thanks and later...

Aug 13, 2009, 10:48 PM

Clough!
    Good to talk to you again.
    My birthday is on the 19th of August.
    The music thing sounds very interesting.

Thanks for posting hey, good to be talking to you again.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Yes, it's nice to be in touch again with you too, Sean!

My son's birthday is on the 19th of this month! I just went to see him tonight at the store where he is the manager. He's going to be 27.

If you're interested in doing something musical here, then let's please discuss it. Okay?

Thanks!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Cal, you sure have come a long way... and still you are as sweet as ever! Thanks for the update! You are a wonderful guy, doing wonderful things!
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2009, 12:40 AM
    Hi again, Sean!

I did leave you a message on this site wishing you a Happy Birthday! I hope that you received it!

Thanks!

Aug 23, 2009, 06:17 AM

Clough, I saw it, thank you, been having trouble figuring out how to access it :p
    Thanks anyways:p
    Startover! Long time no see!
    NadiiyaKnowsIt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 03:49 PM

Oh, really? I want something like a medical examiner job. Pretty intense if u ask me. I took courses in college.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Just rambling. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm tired of the stupid emotional rollercoaster I've put myself in. I can't even blame my ex for making me depressed and hurt, this is definitely all MY doing. I choose to stay home most of the day and ditch my friends and family just to lay in bed and sob over the memories and how great things...

View more questions Search