Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shoney08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 02:24 AM
    Accounting for Assets & Inventory
    What would the differences be when accounting for fixed assets & inventory under the cash basis vs. accounting for them under the accrual method.:confused:
    zturner Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 10:06 AM

Cash basis is just that. You only account for what has been paid for. There are no receivables or payables.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inventory accounting - cost of inventory destroyed [ 2 Answers ]

Please assist me with the following questions: Citi-Wholesalers marks its purchases up by 25%. Its inventory was insured against fire, the policy being subject to average. A fire took place on 30th October 2007 and all inventory was destroyed except for items which had cost $40 000 which were...

Accounting Assets [ 1 Answers ]

If a parcel of land that was originally purchased for $85,00 is offered for sale at $150,000, is assessed for tax purposes at $95,000, is recognized by its purchasers as easily being worth $140,000, and is purchased for $137,000, the land should be recorded in the purchaser's books at:

Accounting assets [ 1 Answers ]

My answers are in () 1.My question is if the 150% declining balance method is being used and an asset has a useful life of 20 years what is the depreciation rate? (D) a. 7.5% b. 10% c. 15% d. Some other amount 2.Machinery is purchased on May 15, 2007 for $60,000 with a $5,000 salvage...

Accounting for assets [ 1 Answers ]

On May 1 AB Plumbing buys plumbing materials with a list price of $550. At the time of the purchase, EZ gives Halpin a check for $225 and asks Halpin to put the remainder on the purchase on its account, which already has a balance of $475. Question: 1.)sales revenue for the May 1 transaction :...

View more questions Search